Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My brother and I were BS'ing yesterday about the Bears and the Stafford trade. I'm really thinking the Bears are going to bring Mitch back and possibly draft a QB. If you believe the 49ers, they said they arent trading Jimmy G. They dont have enough imo to get Watson. Who they going to go after, Winston or Ryan, they would have to overpay for either after seeing what Stafford went for. No free agents sadly are better than Mitch imo.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
One article mentioned the Bears made an offer for Stafford but the Rams offered a lot more.
I heard the other way around, the Bears offered more than the Rams, but they certainly aren't trading their QB to a division contender that would make the team a top competitor for years to come.

Reactions: Shawn1112

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I heard the other way around, the Bears offered more than the Rams, but they certainly aren't trading their QB to a division contender that would make the team a top competitor for years to come.
Bears fans should be glad it was rejected, if that indeed ends up being true. But in addition to the picks, Goff is there, versus... Trubs? So what would have been in this "better offer"?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Again, I preface this with the fact that we were playing shit teams during our late season winning, but our patchwork O-line did a pretty decent job. Were they pro-bowlers? No. But I don't recall Mitch's jersey getting too dirty.
I think the 3 interior lineman are very serviceable. Get 2 tackles and the line will be fixed imo.
When they started that Mustipher guy at center when Whitehair got hurt, I think they found something. Whitehair and Bars as the guards are very good imo. Dont forget James Daniels is also coming back, he is only like 24 iirc. Olen Kruetz still raves about that guy and Kruetz knows a thing or 2 about playing center.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If the Bears are smart, one of the prospects on this list will be on the team after Round 1. There are a lot of QB needy teams picking high this year so I expect several QBs to go fast. There are some good WRs that may go top 10. That said, I expect the Bears could get somewhere between the 3rd to 5th ranked OT/OL. Who would you like to see in a Bears uniform? Skip to the end if you want to see the full list without listening to the guy's rankings. Christian Darrisaw would be a value pick if he's still there at 20.

Vikings podcast talks about Darrisaw at 14.

Vikings can't take both of these guys... Vera -Tucker might be a better fit for them?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Please, dear Gawd, no...

:cautious:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Derek Carr would be a huge mistake. If a team wants to trade their franchise QB, it's a big red flag.
They arenā€™t actively shopping Carr. If they trade him it will be because they have a deal in place for Watson. Btw, Carr would be a HUGE improvement for what we have. After the Lions set the bar for QB trades, the Bears are going to have to overpay in any trade. Mitch or Foles will be back and Iā€™m thinking they will draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd and claim he is the future.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Twitter is reporting that the trade for Wentz is down to the Bears and Indy. Bears are the front runners. It is reported they are offering Tarik Cohen, a 1st round pick and Foles for Wentz. Wentz's contract may be restructured.

IMO, Pace and Nagy know their jobs are on the line unless they make a splash next year. I think they need to win at least 1 playoff game to keep their jobs. Rather than build the O line for the future, they are trying to grab a big name QB and hope. They're giving up another year of Bears future to try to stay employed. Wentz has been bad AND injury prone. Maybe he's better than Trubisky and Foles but he's no Watson/Mahomes.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info