Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Singletary was 1-21 as head coach of a high school. 1-21.

He was a much better player than teacher.
High School doesnt mean shit, all depends where your coaching and what talent that area has. He could come coach here at Streamwood HS and have the same results. Streamwood hasnt had a winning team in probably over 20yrs. But have him coach at a known football powerhouse and he would produce.

With that said he was 20-28 with the 49ers.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What's the total for Bears coaches who have left the team? 5, I think. Not good. Makes me think of rats and a sinking ship.

In a group chat with friends I was just saying that yesterday. Some coaches are making lateral moves. Meaning they arent leaving for a better job, they are doing exact same job. LB coach went to fucking Detroit of all places as a LB coach. They are all getting a jump start on finding new work as the whole staff will be fired next year. So yes, its a sinking ship. This whole Mitch debacle will set them back at least 5yrs imo
Jimmy G to the Bears
I can100% see that. Stafford to the 9ers and Jimmy G comes here.
Stafford coming here is highly unlikely and Watson coming here is a pipe dream. Not only can they not afford Watson, he isnt a fan of the Bears for lying when they said they did their due diligence and interviewed him the way they did others. Also new GM at Houston said yesterday he is 100% not trading Watson. So Watson now has to force their hand by holding out. By the time that plays out, teams will have moved on

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think Thatā€™s Obvious
I originally saw this

But now seeing reports of him going to the Jets. So I dunno... lots of movement

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Is Garoppolo better than Mitch/Foles? Probably not much better if any. Injury prone, too.

Bears should draft O line help, resign Robinson, roll with what they have for a year and then clean house and rebuild.
Jimmy G is a lot better than both those bums, but agree on the injuries.
They need 2 tackles the interior guys are average to above average imo. So left tackle should be their first pick imo.
Probably will franchise Robinson

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info