Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
OK guys, the new season is upon us. Let's start with who will be the Bears QB this year. Some sources think Andy Dalton is heading our way.

The Chicago Bears need to add a veteran quarterback to the roster no matter what you think about Mitchell Trubisky. Signs are strongly pointing to the Bears and Andy Dalton.
It seems the Chicago Bears are destined to bring Andy Dalton to Chicago. Early rumors were that the Chicago Bears and Cincinnati Bengals were in talks at the Combine regarding the potential of acquiring Dalton to compete with Mitchell Trubisky.

This is not where the signs ended though. Analysts, including our own blog, have been in hot discussion about Dalton and what it would cost Ryan Pace to snag him from the Bengals. Some have said the Bears should give up as high as a second-round pick for Dalton. This would be insanely stupid on Paceā€™s part and fans will call for his head if he goes that route.

Instead, the more realistic option would be the Bears sending a late-round pick to the Bengals for Daltonā€™s final year of his contract. The thing is, maybe more is going to be at play. Another sign and recent rumor dropped by former scout Dave-Teā€™ Thomas on his Scoutā€™s Honor podcast. He stated that the Bengals have given permission for the Bears to talk to Dalton and that the two sides have already been in contact.

Reactions: Maro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
More on the Dalton/Lazor connection.

Prior to joining the Bears, Lazor spent 2016-2018 with the Bengals as the teamā€™s quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. Given that, he has previous experience of working with Dalton.

Despite regressing in 2019, the Bears held firm that Mitchell Trubisky is going to be the starter next season. But with Lazor joining the coaching staff, Dalton could pique Chicagoā€™s interest this offseason.

Under Lazorā€™s tutelage for three years, Dalton averaged 3,364 yards, 21 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions per season. In the event that Dalton landed with the Bears, maybe those numbers could be even better if he had the weapons that Chicago has on offense.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Donā€™t know who it will be. But if Mitch again, gonna be a long year. Probably not as bad as last year as we should have close to a last place schedule. Thought I read they are playing in Tennessee. If so Iā€™m going to that game and planning on going to GB again.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I think Mitch starts the year at least. Weā€™ll see who they bring in though...there are quite a few options with distinct pros and cons...when Iā€™m not mostly drunk and on my phone, Iā€™ll go into that :rofl:

Dalton seems to be the odds on favorite right now, but I donā€™t think itā€™s the best fit. More on that tomorrow...

Reactions: Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
...And we're back to muddy waters. Nobody knows what the Bears are doing or, if they know, they aren't talking. Looks like the Bears are working towards getting a QB which we already figured they would.

The Athletics' Michael Lombardi reports the Bears are "trying to get involved with trading for (Jaguars QB) Nick Foles."
Teddy Bridgewater and Andy Dalton have been rumored to be on the Bears' radar as well. It's clear the team is looking to either outright replace Mitchell Trubisky, or at least give him some veteran competition. Foles memorably beat the Bears in Chicago during the infamous double-doink Wild Card matchup. He started just four games last season after breaking his collarbone in Week 1, ultimately getting beat out by rookie Gardner Minshew.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info