🔧 BUILD More VAG content - 2017 GTI

General Information

Hey, so my GTP has been a money pit lately and I got tired of working on it and throwing money away. I threw the towel in when it broke a rear brake line and the shop said it needs all new brake and fuel lines, at the cost of $1700. I've been without a car for close to a month now while I was shopping. Originally wanted a Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate, but it's been a struggle to find a nice one optioned the way I want anywhere in the US. At the advice of members here in my thread I posted a few weeks ago, I started looking into the GTI. I drove one and loved it, so I bought it.

Without further ado, here's my Tornado Red 2017 GTI Sport with the performance package and manual trans. More pics to come once I get it cleaned up and detailed.

20200719_121005.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
He said my turbo is fucked lol

He has to get the new turbo on before he can tell if the engine is ok or not
Everett cannot take a compression test before we sink possible unnecessary money into this thing?

At minimum taking a borescope to each cylinder just checking out tops of the Pistons no doubt there's probably just going to be thousands of little pieces all everywhere but I'm not too concerned about that

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Everett cannot take a compression test before we sink possible unnecessary money into this thing?

At minimum taking a borescope to each cylinder just checking out tops of the Pistons no doubt there's probably just going to be thousands of little pieces all everywhere but I'm not too concerned about that
Ya, he's totally gonna fire it up and hope for the best 😂

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Does Everett have the software to install APR tunes? Asking for a friend. . .I mean me.
They’re likely coming out with an at home DIY way of doing it soon. They just sent a few more beta units out to people. I really can’t wait to correct my trans tune so I stop doing 2-4 shifts on accident while in manual mode.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
They’re likely coming out with an at home DIY way of doing it soon. They just sent a few more beta units out to people. I really can’t wait to correct my trans tune so I stop doing 2-4 shifts on accident while in manual mode.
I know they have this now.

I'm just wondering if that's how he does it or if there's another way. I supposed I could always ask him when I'm ready to pull the trigger on it.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005

Compression seems fine

Thread Info