🔧 BUILD More VAG content - 2017 GTI

General Information

Hey, so my GTP has been a money pit lately and I got tired of working on it and throwing money away. I threw the towel in when it broke a rear brake line and the shop said it needs all new brake and fuel lines, at the cost of $1700. I've been without a car for close to a month now while I was shopping. Originally wanted a Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate, but it's been a struggle to find a nice one optioned the way I want anywhere in the US. At the advice of members here in my thread I posted a few weeks ago, I started looking into the GTI. I drove one and loved it, so I bought it.

Without further ado, here's my Tornado Red 2017 GTI Sport with the performance package and manual trans. More pics to come once I get it cleaned up and detailed.

20200719_121005.jpg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Nice. Don’t remember what the sport package is but you got the lighting and performance pack which are the important things in my opinion. The black mirror caps are throwing me off. Can’t remember if it came like that or if they’re aftermarket.

Reactions: Aron

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
See if your gtp sells faster than mine.... 23 hours on CL
Camaro sold in less than 24 hours. Some hillrod in Indiana bought it and is going to continue to street race it.

The GTP has been a struggle. Long story short I could have sold it in less than 24 hours from FB marketplace, but there was a lot of lowballers from Chicago. I literally had 60 people message me in 24 hours. It was overwhelming.

There was one particular guy that seemed cool and sincere and didn't make a BS offer before seeing it. He even offered me more money for it than asking price. I decided to do him a favor and change the front brakes, and when I was done, I pumped the brakes to seat the pads and the brake line that goes f-r burst. Had it towed to a shop and they quoted me $1700 to repair. Needed all new brake and fuel lines. I made the dude an offer and told him to come and take it for $500, I just wanted it gone. He came today and drove it home with practically no brakes. A hillrod from Indiana bought it.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Camaro sold in less than 24 hours. Some hillrod in Indiana bought it and is going to continue to street race it.

The GTP has been a struggle. Long story short I could have sold it in less than 24 hours from FB marketplace, but there was a lot of lowballers from Chicago. I literally had 60 people message me in 24 hours. It was overwhelming.

There was one particular guy that seemed cool and sincere and didn't make a BS offer before seeing it. He even offered me more money for it than asking price. I decided to do him a favor and change the front brakes, and when I was done, I pumped the brakes to seat the pads and the brake line that goes f-r burst. Had it towed to a shop and they quoted me $1700 to repair. Needed all new brake and fuel lines. I made the dude an offer and told him to come and take it for $500, I just wanted it gone. He came today and drove it home with practically no brakes. A hillrod from Indiana bought it.

Same. Had 6-7 peeps hitting me up I told them all the same meeting spot and time and 1 guy showed and took it.... To the inner city it went.

I'm shitting that you sold camaro too....

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Trying to think of fun things with the car that took me way too long to figure out... your rear cargo floor can drop lower if you need more space, you probably have a storage drawer under your front seat, the car does rev match itself on downshifts.

look into OBD11. Theres a bunch of cool stuff you can enable that’s not on the North American cars by default. It’s an OBD2 dongle that let’s edit your cars settings using an android device. I think the newest one supports iOS but I’m not sure. Things I have done are being able to open and close the windows from the key fob, quantity to refill in the information screen, DRL’s dim with signal instead of going out, full brake light for turn signals instead of just the outer portion, gauge sweep at startup, traction control all the way off, different ediff settings, few other things.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Same. Had 6-7 peeps hitting me up I told them all the same meeting spot and time and 1 guy showed and took it.... To the inner city it went.

I'm shitting that you sold camaro too....
That's what I was about to do. Time and place (Aurora Police station) and first swinging dick to put my asking price in my hand got it. It didn't go that way, I ended up deleting the post and told everyone to fuck off.

I didn't want to sell the Camaro, but it was the spot I was in. I needed a downpayment for the purchase.

New owner texted me that he took it to US41 and it went 10.45 @ 129 first pass. That was exactly my goal for next time at the track...and only one one kit. He still had the 2nd kit if he wanted to hit it.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thread Info