More boost in the spring!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm not cheaping out on the internals, I'm cutting out things like the cam/springs. I think I'll be plenty happy with ~550whp for a couple of years. But you're right, I don't want to half-ass this and have to rebuild it because I used shitty parts.

EDIT:

Under Jim's suggestion, I also ordered a book on rebuilding 4.6's. So I'm hoping that this will have a lot of information we might need to do this.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Here is the ever growing list I have so far. Everyday I find something else that is needed, so it's by no means comprehensive. I'm putting this out here to see if anyone can think of something I haven't found from my research.

Fuel pump
60lb injectors
8 bolt flexplate to match the 8 bolt Cobra crank
oil pump
ARP main studs
rod bearings
rear main seal
head gaskets
head studs

I'm sure I need more gaskets, but the only ones I know of right now are the rear main seal and the head gaskets.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
You'd need timing cover gaskets, oil pan gasket(if it has one), front main seal, water pump gasket, intake gasket, valve cover gaskets, etc.

Go on summit racing and see if they have an overhaul kit for your car. Or napaonline.

I looked on summit and I didn't see anything all encompassing :(

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
you're an accountant mark..

bank_error_in_your_favor.jpg

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
There are two things that stop me from stealing. Number one would be my conscience, and the second would be our separation of duties.

The first company I worked at, there was an accounts payable manager that defrauded the company out of $250k. I don't remember exactly what is was that she did, but something with setting up a vendor to pay her credit card bills. I can't imagine coming into work everyday knowing that I could get caught at any minute. Talk about stress!!!!

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Jim and I picked up this '03 Cobra block today. It looks to be in good shape. I changed my mind about using the stock block for two reasons. One, it is easier to sell the stock block as a whole. If I could get more than I paid for the Cobra block, that would just be awesome. Two, the Cobra block has a four bolt main, whereas the stock block only has two.
CIMG0026.jpg

B

bob_kurgan

Here is the ever growing list I have so far. Everyday I find something else that is needed, so it's by no means comprehensive. I'm putting this out here to see if anyone can think of something I haven't found from my research.

Fuel pump
60lb injectors
8 bolt flexplate to match the 8 bolt Cobra crank
oil pump
ARP main studs
rod bearings
rear main seal
head gaskets
head studs

I'm sure I need more gaskets, but the only ones I know of right now are the rear main seal and the head gaskets.

let me know if i can help with anything!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info