More boost in the spring!!!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I haven't figured out which one yet. The only problem is that they would both give me a power bump that is close to the breaking point of the motor. I could probably get maybe 20-30whp from the LT's, and Tim said about 40-50whp from the cams. I'd much rather have the cams for the sound, but I don't know how long my motor will last with the extra hp.

I'd think cams would be most beneficial with headers first. My familiarity with mod motor heads/cams is minimal so I don't know if guys see good gains while sticking with manifolds.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I haven't figured out which one yet. The only problem is that they would both give me a power bump that is close to the breaking point of the motor. I could probably get maybe 20-30whp from the LT's, and Tim said about 40-50whp from the cams. I'd much rather have the cams for the sound, but I don't know how long my motor will last with the extra hp.

Engine will last forever......

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Definitely not cams and LT's, as Jim said that would definitely be outside my comfort range of power on the stock motor.

There definitely was talk of upping the stall speed. It would really only cost me for shipping since PI does one free re-flash on their converters. But I'd also have to pay for some food and beverages for those that would help me remove it and put it back in.

And buying Angus's tubular was exactly what I had in mind.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm definitely leaning towards the LT's and tubular. I may not need a retune with that, but I'll probably ask Tim what he thinks. If I wait until 2012 for the motor, I'll definitely spring for cam/springs.

I can recover some money by selling the catted Bassani X-pipe. There is always a noob on the CMC forum wanting to do exhaust.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I guess you never know when its time is up. I wouldn't be surprised if it blew next year after throwing a little more power at it. But at least I would have the basics already bought. Plus I have a DD that is a lot of fun to drive. It would help me get through the 'tough times'. Heck, I may even get long tubes for the G8 as well.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
LT's will show nice power and you will probably see a decrease in boost vs. your current level. You will more than likely need a slight adjustment of your tune to account for that.

I figured that might have to happen :(

I know with catback additions, a tune is not necessary. But long tubes are a different story, so I guess I'll have to suck it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info