More boost in the spring!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Here is a running total of what I think I'll need so far. I'm thinking of holding off on the cam/springs because that's another $800 bringing the total to $2,400. I was hoping to keep the budget to a minimum this year and just do what is necessary to run more boost. This list is not comprehensive either, I'm sure that I am missing things.

I can't believe the price for head studs! Holy crap! $250 for studs just to hold on the heads?!?! I think he recommended replacing the bolts with studs since they'll be more pressure with more boost. He also said to replace all gaskets in the engine, but I have to find out if maybe there is a complete rebuild kit that comes with all necessary gaskets. He recommended buying Fel-pro head gaskets, and I think everything else could just be a stock replacement.

Maybe in 2012, I can upgrade the heads/cam and get the modified inlet for the KB. I spoke to Tim from Mr. Norm's about it today, and he told me he had a guy pick up 60whp with the new inlet. Not bad all things considered.

Also, this total does not include any taxes or shipping that may apply. So you can probably tack on another $300 to that total.

I'm very excited to get this project rolling. It will be an awesome learning experience and there will probably be a little frustration to go along with it.

Item Total
Fuel pump 209
Injectors-60lbs 400
8 bolt flexplate 162
Oil pump 111
Machining Cost 300
All gaskets -
Blower cam 599
Cam springs 209
Head gaskets 108
Head studs 250
Total 2,348

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That would bring the total down a little bit, but I don't want to count on that for the build. I think the only stock things I can sell would be the oil pump, fuel pump, BAP, 36lb injectors, stock crank/piston/rods. And I don't even know what kind of shape those things will be in since the car has been blown for +4 years. I imagine they can't be in too bad of shape since my car is running faster than ever.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Definitely some more things to consider. I do have APR bolts for the rods, but nothing for the main and bearings. I don't even want to know how much more for that.

I was also throwing around the idea of long tubes. If ever there was an "easy" time to get them installed, having the motor removed is it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info