Let's talk about SxS's and not make Panda more angry

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
:naughty: I like where this is going. Now, what to do about this issue of you not riding snowmobiles? Cuz if you did, the romance would be complete and we could hang out year round.

Guns, quads, sleds and booze. What else is there???

Unfortunately level headed, sensible Dan comes after 3 days of wanting a sled Dan and he always wins out. I have a new ATV to buy this summer, need to stay on target. [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] had me sold on a cheap sled for about 6 hours a couple weeks back.

shirtless bald dudes at sand bar for sure

at least you have a chance of seeing boobs there.

If I'm riding with him and we're all shirtless, he'll see boobs.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Dunno man. After talking to DNR guy and considering the potential use cases for each "investment" I think I'll get better use, less depreciation and less hassle from the SxS choice....

like... how?

dnr guy? :rofl: who was this guy.

boat. drive any vehicle to where it's parked, probably less than 15 minutes from your house. get on. go. take it to other lakes and wherever you want to for 7-8 months out of the year.

side by side. get your truck, and then your trailer, with it inside or on it. then trailer it to wherever you're going to use it.... which basically no matter what, will be at least a few hours away for anywhere decent to use it.

less depreciation? not a snowball's chance.... DNR bro was drunk.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i forgot an option.

yamaha-viking-6-front-three-quarter.jpg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
It was two weeks ago, figured with 6-8" of snow coming down every weekend it was the best time to get the Pipe on a sled. I tried and failed. There is no hope. Usually I'm the instigator of such things and I couldn't even help.

This is too bad. I am disappoint.

This is indeed disappoint. I want to see another fat man slinging a sled around.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Problem with a boat is the initial investment isn't too bad but then you factor in maintenance, slip fees, fuel, insurance and it gets out of hand. Offroad stuff does require more dedicated weekends because you have to travel to ride but you basically buy it and you're done. The boat cost you more money when you're not using it than the SxS. I'm lucky enough to have a free slip, if it wasn't for that I would never boat.

This is indeed disappoint. I want to see another fat man slinging a sled around.

Sorry man, down payment on a new ATV > initial investment into a sled and gear just to be not content and want a newer, more expensive sled.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Problem with a boat is the initial investment isn't too bad but then you factor in maintenance, slip fees, fuel, insurance and it gets out of hand. Offroad stuff does require more dedicated weekends because you have to travel to ride but you basically buy it and you're done. The boat cost you more money when you're not using it than the SxS. I'm lucky enough to have a free slip, if it wasn't for that I would never boat.

pontoon boats, like he was considering, maintenance is low as shit, there isn't really anything to maintain.

fuel, sure but the side by side would use comparable amounts per usage time.

insurance on a boat will be less than a UTV i'm willing to bet.

usage costs for utv- must pay to fuel the truck, maintain the trailer more seriously than the boat, and then pay for lodging wherever you wind up... a few trips a year will easily equal the 1500-1700 a year for a boat slip.

not to mention, whole family and friends will fit on a pontooner... side by side... unless he's buying a 4-6 seater, or a few of them, famdamily is staying behind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info