Fox Chain O'Lakes level's & bridge clearance official thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So without doing much research...the chain feeds in to fox river which feeds in to the IL river, correct? I wonder if they're doing anything different with the locks on the fox river now that the IL river is going to be closed for two weeks (9/21 - 10/5) for work on Marseilles and starved rock locks.

fox river runs through the chain basically.

there are a bunch of locks/gates/water control devices on the fox before it gets that far south.

locks ≠ flood control equipment on the chain/north part of the river.

right now the gates are widefuckin' open

It's crazy to me that it's higher now than it was this spring when it rained like every day for weeks/months

it's the amount of rain and how quickly we got it- you guys didn't even see these storms. we got basically may & most of june's rain in less than 4 days.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We had a pretty even flow of rain throughout spring though.

The eastern side of McHenry county got DUMPED ON by that storm last week to where creeks and inlets rose 5' in 48 hours. That's buttfucking crazy to me.

NOW just think about the dumpage that'd have ensued had it been the good white stuff.

SNOWPOCALYPSE

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
IDK the only thing I can think of besides all the rain is the lower was pretty fucking low since early July. My guess is the lakes were high. That would be not that much storage when the rains did come last week. IDK I just want this shit to go down so my sumps stop pumping. Worries me if one of them were to die and water back up on my lower level.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
the current levels are a head scratch to me....

my dad's house- water is still below sea wall.

my house- we have water across the road.

other time's there has been water over his sea wall and not even touching our road.

hhhmmmm

Current Levels look normal in Algonquin (north of dam) just as they did in the 2017 flood. Levels in McHenry (south) of dam look catastrophic. Your dad is probably as close to the McHenry dam as I am to the Algonquin dam tho and levels at my house are most definitely flooded. But my yard is pretty low in relation to the water. People on the cary side with seawalls don't have water coming over yet. I was thinking closer to dam (upstream) flooding is not as obvious as levels do not fluctuate as much? But IDK

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yesterday
0916190601_HDR.jpg

Today

0917190601_HDR.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
River is going down SLOW AS FUCK. Another 2-3 inches of rain this weekend. Who is ready to see record 2017 levels?

As much as I don’t want to agree, I feel you are right. If Wisco wasn’t going to get the rain as well I’d say maybe we wouldn’t be in that much trouble but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Stock up on some pumps and back up generators!!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
As much as I don’t want to agree, I feel you are right. If Wisco wasn’t going to get the rain as well I’d say maybe we wouldn’t be in that much trouble but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Stock up on some pumps and back up generators!!

I saw this hurricane last week and said. "Oh man this is going to make its way up by us".

Thread Info