šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I can make it down to 70Ā° if I layer up, lol. Like cold weather gear under sweat pants.
Hell yea. I see people in shorts and a T-shirt, freakin monsters. I'm wearing windproof sub zero bicycle pants over sweat pants (opposite as you) and a windbreaker jacket over a hoodie to stay warm when it's 70 degrees outside. I probably look like a freak that's afraid of the sun to other people :rofl: but at least I'm warm. I will say the second I stop for a stop light or something it's like river of sweat lol, gotta keep moving. This is non-Ebike riding, on that thing I'm essentially wearing subzero gear until it's over 90 degrees outside.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not bad, 6.35 miles walking today.

616C1C9B-4870-4453-8EB1-71BB046E213A.jpeg

Reactions: bimmer4life

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Even though the question is directed at bimmer4life blueoval4life, I have a Garmin Venu 2 which will do HR monitoring along with other metrics. When on the bicycle I have a strap mounted HR monitor with additional sensors in it. Provides all kind of data, I just don't publish the screen caps.

Edit: I can pair the HR monitor with the watch instead of my Edge 130, but since I'm not doing anything strenuous I left it paired to the Edge.

For example, from my lunch walk today:
1646084965235.png

1646085028365.png

Though I think there are actually more stats available in the app vs. the web portal.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
What are you using in conjunction with strava to measure your heart rate and whatnot?
I am lazy. In theory if I really cared much about super accurate HR monitor I would wear a chest strap and connect it via bluetooth to my watch. But I just use the built in photodiode thingy in the watch. I have noticed it is fairly accurate. Well it's accurate enough for me. I don' really do training based off my heart rate. I just use it as another metric to look at.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i played tennis for the first time in 17 years on friday. buddy from work and i borrowed a racket and some balls after our company offsite was over. we surprisingly didn't gorilla any into the parking lot over the fence, my serves were actually even pretty decent. was funsies and exercising some old muscles and memory for sure.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
i played tennis for the first time in 17 years on friday. buddy from work and i borrowed a racket and some balls after our company offsite was over. we surprisingly didn't gorilla any into the parking lot over the fence, my serves were actually even pretty decent. was funsies and exercising some old muscles and memory for sure.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: frank

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not me, not yet. Been stuck at the computer all day. Gonna shut down early and decide on whether to take a walk or go for another bicycle ride. A bit saddle-sore from yesterday, and the crushed limestone trails are all rutted. So if I ride need to find a decent distance (15-20 miles) that's all paved.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info