šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Took a few days off due to no time with work and travel for vacation, tried to get a decent run in this morning didnā€™t go great had to take a dump a mile and a half in, luckily found a cvs with a bathroom then finished up the run, im assuming the humidity was getting to me I was soaked by a mile and a half and having a hard time I was also running faster than I wanted to do it was probably a combination of the pace and different climate
First mike was 8:50 I normally try to keep 10 minute mile pace if Iā€™m running more than just a mile

View attachment 127305
Also make sure you're working on your breathing patterns too - in for 4 steps, out for 3 OR in for 3 steps, and out for 2... then on a strenuous uphill, in for 2 and out for 1. Not only keeps you on a better rhythm, but helps alternate which foot you're exhaling on, so the impacts get distributed evenly and won't lead to knee issues down the road.

Reactions: 1quick

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
had to take a dump a mile and a half in
:ROFLMAO:

This is my concern on those long bicycle rides. I can usually find a spot to pull off and take a quick leak. But man, if I ever get the trots and have to drop a deuce..... In my hydration backpack I keep a bunch of cheap toilet paper rolled/folded up in a ziplock baggie. Just in case I need to make a power dump I'll have something to wipe my saddle sore ass with, and not have to sacrifice a sock!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think this can be applied:
Skid Marks.jpg

• It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Also make sure you're working on your breathing patterns too - in for 4 steps, out for 3 OR in for 3 steps, and out for 2... then on a strenuous uphill, in for 2 and out for 1. Not only keeps you on a better rhythm, but helps alternate which foot you're exhaling on, so the impacts get distributed evenly and won't lead to knee issues down the road.
Thatā€™s a whole lot of thinking when running ?. I guess eventually you body just learns what it needs. I donā€™t ever really focus on breathing but thatā€™s just me . Iā€™m gonna Finnish this week out strong you have inspired me

• Love

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Thatā€™s a whole lot of thinking when running ?. I guess eventually you body just learns what it needs. I donā€™t ever really focus on breathing but thatā€™s just me . Iā€™m gonna Finnish this week out strong you have inspired me
Try the breathing. It helps. If Iā€™m just running normal, 4/3, incline 3/2, uphill 2/1. And it clears your mind of all the bullshit you might be thinking or focusing on.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I was fighting one today. Farted about 1 mile in and quickly had to cut it off. Was trying to be graceful and not land too hard as it was bubbling.
I was afraid to fart I was getting close to shitting behind a liquor store probably nothing the back side of the liquor store handent seen before and Iā€™d imagine I could have scored some crack back there to finish out the run strong, but I saw a cvs sign off in the distance and pinched it in for another 1/4 mile or so lol anybody that saw me come out of that bathroom probably had questions I was soaked head to toe

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Bike ride with kids and wife. This did not go as planned. Wife was looking for easy beach cruiser ride around the lake on the path . Come to find out path only for walkers. So took ā€œbike routeā€ which is pretty hilly up and down and semis passing ya everywhere . After second hill wife was like Fck this and she headed back ??

EACD52B2-C458-4250-8437-B9C1682C4A2D.jpeg

391CF749-B39F-4A92-B71D-AEC134B3AD13.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Got another ride in today. Ended up taking the Prairie Path down through Wheaton, into Warrenville, through Blackwell Forest Preserve up to McKee Marsh (where I go walking in the winter), then looped back home. Almost 56 miles in two days.

Again, dismayed with the average speed, as it sure seemed like I was moving faster than that. Also, when I got back and was putting the bicycle away, the front brakes were dragging heavily on the wheel (rim brakes). Wasn't like that when I left the house, so who knows how much of my ride today was extra effort with the brakes working against me.

1659414901080.png

1659414936482.png

The Blackwell/McKee area in more detail. That was a nice area, different scenery, some elevation changes (minor), and a couple of turns kept things interesting.
1659415003648.png

Thread Info