šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was thinking about going for a bicycle ride after work, but man I (my saddle-sore ass) need some recovery time. I then walked out to grab the garbage cans from the curb and decided that an ice cream cone sounded better, which seemed to perk up my aching quads and hamstrings.

Ice Cream GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I was thinking about going for a bicycle ride after work, but man I (my saddle-sore ass) need some recovery time. I then walked out to grab the garbage cans from the curb and decided that an ice cream cone sounded better, which seemed to perk up my aching quads and hamstrings.

Ice Cream GIF
Ice cream sounds great right about now.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Those are dangerous. I could sit down and eat a whole box.
I used to get these at Costco, and they were fantastic. Could never eat just two. They were seasonal, and no joking, when they arrived I would buy as many boxes as I could fit in my freezer and still keep a few other things. At one point I bought eight boxes. Unfortunately they stopped making them due to farming out the work and the quality suffered greatly. Was family owned and they didn't want to deal with the headache of lawsuits.

I have yet to find any other vendor that comes close to how good these were. They were already well-known on the east coast for their chocolate chip cookies. Why not add some vanilla bean ice cream between them? Damn I miss them.
1659555964516.png

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i have tried making various anabolic ice creams/sorbets - a super easy one for me in thailand is i can buy already frozen passionfruit and blend it up and get like the fruit of like 16 of these for the cost of 1 in the US. i would make a sorbet with it and protein powder and a cookies and cream one, would fill a huge bowl, and go to town. after i move to a new apt i think i'll be importing and overpaying for a ninja creami to try it out.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
(From cloud thread)
Iā€™ll probably go and do 10-20. Waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in for my knees. I REALLY need a Costco mega-sized bottle of Vicodin/Lortab/Percocet to manage the pain.
Turmeric and Ginger. Do the natural anti inflammatories instead of killing your kidneys.

Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Turmeric and Ginger. Do the natural anti inflammatories instead of killing your kidneys.
Have done both for the last year. No difference, actually have gotten worse.

I started with the Tumeric a year ago because Iā€™ve tried everything else for my tinnitus, and the turmeric is supposed to be a good anti-inflammatory.

Based on everything Iā€™ve tried, for both knees and tinnitus, the non-synthesized stuff has been the only thing that gives me relief.

Keep in mind, I almost lost my right leg below the knee in an accident. So itā€™s got permanent damage that I have to work through. Thatā€™s what the ā€œgoodā€ stuff helps.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

I started with the Tumeric a year ago because Iā€™ve tried everything else for my tinnitus, and the turmeric is supposed to be a good anti-inflammatory.

Based on everything Iā€™ve tried, for both knees and tinnitus, the non-synthesized stuff has been the only thing that gives me relief.

Keep in mind, I almost lost my right leg below the knee in an accident. So itā€™s got permanent damage that I have to work through. Thatā€™s what the ā€œgoodā€ stuff helps.
I didnā€™t know youā€™re a bionic man!

technology documentary GIF by Digg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012

Man, I did not know this.

You definitely seemed to move around fine when you were here.

I'm glad it was not worse ?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I didnā€™t know youā€™re a bionic man!

technology documentary GIF by Digg
Next few years I might be. I expect a full knee replacement will be coming. I've beaten them up pretty good.

Incidentally, when I was ejected from the bike, my estimated ground speed was about 150mph. I was slowing down at the time.

Seven hours to do the repairs, on just my right knee. The left knee followed a few days later. No photos of left knee or right knee's second surgery.
IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

• Wow

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Here's what was left of the bike.... gives you an idea. It was a 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R. The key is still in the ignition, folded over. Notice the frame savers are in great condition, lol. I emailed Muzzys about that, and they sent me a $100 voucher and a t-shirt.
DSCN0577.JPG
DSCN0579.JPG
DSCN0580.JPG

43 or 44mm (?) titanium forks, snapped like dry twigs.
DSCN0582.JPG

That the rear subframe, which the bodywork and passenger seat sits on.
DSCN0585.JPG

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Here's what was left of the bike.... gives you an idea. It was a 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R. The key is still in the ignition, folded over. Notice the frame savers are in great condition, lol. I emailed Muzzys about that, and they sent me a $100 voucher and a t-shirt.
View attachment 128009View attachment 128010View attachment 128011

43 or 44mm (?) titanium forks, snapped like dry twigs.
View attachment 128012

That the rear subframe, which the bodywork and passenger seat sits on.
View attachment 128013
Whatā€™s the story behind the wreck?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Whatā€™s the story behind the wreck?
Was being dumb out in the country. My brain and right hand (throttle) weren't in communication with each other. Two friends and I were out for a Sunday ride when the one said he needed to get back since he had to work. We were out in Kingston, and this was news to us. So we were riding back, but not too fast. He had thought that we could run 72 to 23 and catch 90, then open the bikes up (wrong).

So once we got on to 23 (north) I opened it up to about 80, then they went past me about 90-100. Okay, we're playing this game. I never left 6th gear, but rolled on the throttle to about 110-120 and passed them. Then they passed me about 130-140. Figured it was time to end the game and I pinned it. Ran it up to Vmax and held it there. Came up to Melms Rd and some old bitch in a red Taurus rolled her stop sign while crossing 23. I tried to scrub off as much speed as I could. But being early November, cloudy, and about 40Ā° there wasn't a whole lot for me to work with.

I knew she wasn't looking at traffic since she rolled the sign, so going in front of her was a bad idea. Slamming into the side of her was a worse idea. So I elected to go behind her. Keep in mind, I had about 2-3 seconds to make this decision, while already on the brakes. Just as I apexed behind her, I'm pretty sure my right boot scraped her bumper. By that time I had gotten some heat into the front tire and brakes, and the rear started to come up off of the ground. Realizing this I eased off the front brakes, but it was too late. The rear had come down and basically reversed tank-slapped me. Instead of the front wheel slapping back and forth, it stayed planted, and the whole rest of the bike started to pendulum. When I ran out of steering lock the back tire caught and high-sided me. I went sailing, ass over elbows. Hit the shoulder, bounced, did a complete flip in mid air, then hit again.

Fortunately for me, since it was November, the grass in the culvert was a few feet tall, and really cushioned my impact. Not a scratch on me. Came to rest about 3' from a drainpipe that probably would have sliced me in half.

Some notes.... Full race gear on (helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots), jacket had a Level 2 CE back protector built in. Was an AGV X-Vent helmet (DOT and SNELL 95 approved), boots were my Sidi Vertigo Corsa's (still have them). I walked to the ambulance. They wouldn't let me take my jacket off. They insisted on cutting it. I protested, a LOT since, it was a $400 jacket with built in armor. I lost. It took them the entire ride from the impact site to Kishwaukee hospital to cut the jacket off. It was some tough leather.

Spent a week in Kishwaukee, never even had an IV in me, and was walking up and down the halls flirting with the nurses. They transferred me to Loyola instead of CDH (10 minutes from my house) because I was considered a "triple extremity trauma" patient. Fuck-sake, I was walking around the hospital! So spent a few days there while they determined what all I messed up.

Went back two weeks later to get the first round of surgery. Spent 2-3 months sedentary since both my knees and right ankle were FUBAR (amongst other damage). Then spent another 2-3 months learning to walk again. Early May 2007 rolls around and I'm staring at my cruiser in the garage thinking it sure would be nice to ride again. De-winterized it, fired it up, hopped on and rode the bike shop to get a new helmet. Was like I had ridden it the day before. Rode the cruiser the rest of the season, then early 2008 I got my ZX-6R, which once it was broken in only saw track days for the first five years or so. Racked up a good 30 or 40 days on that bike, many of which were at Road America and Autobahn.

Edit: Oh, the real kick in the nads? The bitch didn't even stop, she just kept on going. Completely oblivious to the three bikes she almost ran over. So all of this went on my [crappy] insurance.

• Wow

Thread Info