šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I mean, physically it could have been way worse. Mentally, youā€™re still a little special.
Oh yeah, had I reacted just a fraction of a second slower, or not had the skills to maneuver the bike at that speed I'd have been splattered all over the side of that car. Actually, a that rate, the bike would have cut the car in half. 400lbs traveling at that speed....

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Here's what was left of the bike.... gives you an idea. It was a 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R. The key is still in the ignition, folded over. Notice the frame savers are in great condition, lol. I emailed Muzzys about that, and they sent me a $100 voucher and a t-shirt.
View attachment 128009View attachment 128010View attachment 128011

43 or 44mm (?) titanium forks, snapped like dry twigs.
View attachment 128012

That the rear subframe, which the bodywork and passenger seat sits on.
View attachment 128013

holy fawk my dude, that is crazy to look at.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Got in a quick 17 mile ride today. Just kind of meandered around. Couldnā€™t think of a specific route to take.

0E3E1850-CA37-4A9F-86A8-8689F2198F5C.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Is their value to switching up cardio type workouts? I do something similar almost every day and am wondering if I should add biking or something else into the routine.
I change how I run every couple weeks I do longer 10min mile pace runs and every so often I try to run the first mile as hard as I can then just slow down for the second, when my joints start to hurt I ride the bike

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Are any of you guys over 200 or around there? This is the lightest Iā€™ve been in years at around 205, I switched to brooks running shoes due to my new balance lasting a month and the brooks instantly make my knees and joints feel nice knocked 20-30 seconds off my mile averages but only lasted around 90 miles and I was back to sore ankles and shins again, I ordered the same pare and back to feeling good again how long do you guys get out of a pair of shoes

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Are any of you guys over 200 or around there? This is the lightest Iā€™ve been in years at around 205, I switched to brooks running shoes due to my new balance lasting a month and the brooks instantly make my knees and joints feel nice knocked 20-30 seconds off my mile averages but only lasted around 90 miles and I was back to sore ankles and shins again, I ordered the same pare and back to feeling good again how long do you guys get out of a pair of shoes
You should also look into finding a local running store. They'll have you run on a treadmill and actually fit you with the correct pair of shoes for your feet, gait, etc.

Reactions: 1quick

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
You should also look into finding a local running store. They'll have you run on a treadmill and actually fit you with the correct pair of shoes for your feet, gait, etc.
This is correct. A good running store will put you on treddy with a camera and watch your gate and how your foot lands(pronate/supernate). They will also have you walk across a pad to see if your flat footed etc. You need to figure out if you need stability shoe or neutral. Wearing the wrong shoe can cause pain big time. I typically try to push 400-500 miles on a pair of shoes. It depends on the shoe though and its materials. For a daily I run in a neutral shoe "Nike Invincible". I could not stand brooks personally.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Im at 195-200 depends on the week and day lol. The right shoe I get almost 450 out of them. But this also depends on how you run and land. People that over and under pronate will wear shoes out differently. And also your frame/build can matter how fast you go through shoes.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I've got about 350 on my Altra Escalante Racer's, which are a very light/barefoot style shoe. I just ordered some Altra Lone Peak 6's for a Ragnar Race me and some buddies are doing in September. It'll be about 31 miles a person. It's at Nine Mile Forest, up near Wausau, WI.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I've got about 350 on my Altra Escalante Racer's, which are a very light/barefoot style shoe. I just ordered some Altra Lone Peak 6's for a Ragnar Race me and some buddies are doing in September. It'll be about 31 miles a person. It's at Nine Mile Forest, up near Wausau, WI.
31 miles per person??? This a 24 hour race?

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
31 miles per person??? This a 24 hour race?
It is!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
My brain says yes yes yes. Just because im competitive. My body would say FU after about 20 miles hahaha.
Yeah, I think it won't be as bad, since it's split apart in those 3 course segments, that you'll run twice, each. And it's over a 20-24 hour period.

I am going to try and coordinate with the wife regarding the kids, and run to work, run at lunch, and run home. Should put me at 22 miles if I just run to/from work, with the lunch run. But I may try and sneak more miles in before and after to get near that 30 mile mark.

Thread Info