Drag to reposition cover

Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
so in august im leaving for a while, what should i do so it stays okay while im gone for a week?
Can you set your filter to run 10-12 hours a day on some kind of timer? If not, can you have someone come over twice a day to turn it on and off?
I'd super shock it the day you leave so hopefully the chlorine stays higher than lower.
Thats what we have always done when we go away in the summer.
As far as your cover goes, again ask some of these guys with inground pools as I have no clue.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Can you set your filter to run 10-12 hours a day on some kind of timer? If not, can you have someone come over twice a day to turn it on and off?
I'd super shock it the day you leave so hopefully the chlorine stays higher than lower.
Thats what we have always done when we go away in the summer.
As far as your cover goes, again ask some of these guys with inground pools as I have no clue.

i could run it 10-12 hours per day for sure, the power comes through a time clock and that can easily be manually setup for a timeclock. right now it's just on always though but should i not do that while i won't be around to backwash?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
i could run it 10-12 hours per day for sure, the power comes through a time clock and that can easily be manually setup for a timeclock. right now it's just on always though but should i not do that while i won't be around to backwash?
Um, not really sure on that as we never had a sand filter. Ive always had an earth filter and have no clue on the sand and cartridge do's and donts.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
If you have a variable speed pump leave it on the whole time on low. As long as your filter doesn't get clogged in the time your gone (highly unlikely) you'll be fine. Yes I'd shock it prior to leaving, too much chlorine > low or no chlorine.

My pool pump is on 24/7 on low the entire pool season that's what these pumps are made to do vs the single speed pumps.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
so in august im leaving for a while, what should i do so it stays okay while im gone for a week?
Was out for of town for 5 days, timer was set the same time as it always, I run it between 5-7am and then again between 12pm-6pm, I did nothing different then I would if I was at home. Just make sure to keep a chlorine tablet in the floater, add water if needed, check chemicals before you leave and should be good to go.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got home from v ball drenched in sweat last night. Hopped in my pool.. Did like 15 laps... Felt fucking great.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I feel bad... honestly speaking my pool has been an effing rockstar in all of this. I didn't run the filter for like 4 days due to various situations(kids/work/weather) and barely any chlorine and the shit stayed clear and clean.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I actually just back washed and checked my chemicals. Chlorine and PH sky high, my PH was perfectly fine last Sunday.
Strange as I thought PH lowers with rain

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Does legit no one like my cover photo...?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
my ADD ass took my time, did the drops and shit yesterday to test, they mimicked the strips pretty closely, my numbers are slowly coming more in line... very little free chlorine still though but pool is clearing up nicely.

View attachment 93566

it stayed nice while we were gone... annnnnd I "got a guy"

a good friend of mine knows someone for most anything and i called him and asked if he had a pool guy and sure as shit he did... dude's coming once a week to check shit out and at this point with how short our summers are, it's worth it to me to just be able to fucking use it whenever the fuck we want to and not worry about it.

1626705976027.png

Milhouse

Regular
Reaction score
Went out of town 4th of July weekend. Left the solar cover on. Came home Monday and it was 95.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom