🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Ultra white trash pool owners have a lot more work to do if they plan to keep their same pool for multiple seasons.
1633459951157.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm in the process of draining the pool so I can replace the liner... never done it before so this should be ......interesting
Not a terrible job, but if you can get someone out decently priced, its one of those things I'd pay to have done.
We installed our first pool like 17yrs ago. Started filling it about 2pm, sitting in the yard about 11pm and heard the liner tear, we pulled/vacuumed it to tight.
Bought a new liner and didnt pull as tight and it was fine, but had wrinkles on the floor. Next time I needed a liner, I paid $350 and was money well spent imo.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Not a terrible job, but if you can get someone out decently priced, its one of those things I'd pay to have done.
We installed our first pool like 17yrs ago. Started filling it about 2pm, sitting in the yard about 11pm and heard the liner tear, we pulled/vacuumed it to tight.
Bought a new liner and didnt pull as tight and it was fine, but had wrinkles on the floor. Next time I needed a liner, I paid $350 and was money well spent imo.
problem is finding someone to do it... checked all the pool stores got all their contractors and even just did yelp angie's and stuff... only had one place say they would do it for $550 but been jerked around since last year on scheduling... At this point I might as well do it so I don't have to listen to my wife bitch about her pool not being open.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
problem is finding someone to do it... checked all the pool stores got all their contractors and even just did yelp angie's and stuff... only had one place say they would do it for $550 but been jerked around since last year on scheduling... At this point I might as well do it so I don't have to listen to my wife bitch about her pool not being open.
if you fuck it up...

Images Repair GIF by getflexseal

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017

Where are you located? I can see if my cousin has time.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
Came across this photo and figured you guys would appreciate

View attachment 120026

Made this the first year I had my pool.
Worked ok but took so much work to raise 18,000 gallons a few degrees.
70* in and was like 160/170* out. I added another 50’ of copper after this picture. 100’ total.

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Got almost all the water, leaves, twigs, duck shit and helicopters off my winter cover yesterday.
Gonna try and get the last bit of water off today as I hate having that shit fall into my pool. Cover will come off today regardless and assuming all went well with my winterizing. It will be ready to swim in by Wednesday.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Got almost all the water, leaves, twigs, duck shit and helicopters off my winter cover yesterday.
Gonna try and get the last bit of water off today as I hate having that shit fall into my pool. Cover will come off today regardless and assuming all went well with my winterizing. It will be ready to swim in by Wednesday.
I threw both my vacuum bug my vacuum head my pole in the hose over the side of the fence the other day but so f****** pissed I couldn't pool vacuum to clean s*** I'm over it already

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
PH needs to be on point before doing anything, otherwise your wasting your time and money imo.
I've never had to flock my pool, but isnt that something like clarifier and should be done after the algae is dead?
In order to kill that algae you need to get the chlorine level high AF and keep it there. I've had algae once in 20 yrs that was super bad. Followed below instructions and it was cleared up in a few days. I used liquid chlorine by the gallon for below.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Thread Info