🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Are you the only person staying there or is it a multi unit?
Only place with the pool - completely private to my house. It’s going to be a good summer but the German Embassy is taking the place over in August so will need to find another place depending on how long to be in the country. It’s a lot bigger house than I expected. Not so much a house as it’s more of a castle.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Cover off about 6pm last night. It’s ready to go, but the water temp is 64.

C9567765-8228-430C-99AB-A8C318B3CAA3.jpeg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Pool is cooking ! About 88-90* at the moment.

View attachment 120560

I'm kind of curious what it will cost to keep the pool that warm, or will it be pretty easy over the summer? I know most people likely don't keep the pool that warm in the "winter" since it sounds like it would cost a fortune.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I'm kind of curious what it will cost to keep the pool that warm, or will it be pretty easy over the summer? I know most people likely don't keep the pool that warm in the "winter" since it sounds like it would cost a fortune.
I have a solar roof heater set up, uses the sun to heat the water and then recirculating the water from the pool to the roof.

A pool heater to hear my size pool would be 5k for the heat pump & install, then another couple hundred a month in the cool season to keep it warm. Not worth it in the winter months for us at least. Wife and I prefer the beach / gulf water then our pool.

Not my house but same set up. And the set up on how it works .

25198C5C-4824-4960-8DD0-FBB9D0E3F49E.jpeg

9B6E0AE3-677E-4E6B-822B-0226ACA3B785.jpeg

Reactions: Yaj Yak

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Did the liner pretty much myself, wife helped out on some of it. Not too bad for a first timer. It’s not perfect but should hold up fine. Now I need to get the manifold on my heater replaced as it’s leaking and causing the control panel not to respond. Heater still works just can’t adjust the temp.

CA7C2FF9-17FB-4064-9975-B8D7AFBE140C.jpeg

FD054519-F1B4-4416-AE3E-9154BD68ED65.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my pool has a retractable cover.
last night the 1.5 inches of rain in under an hour, fucked me.
i have two pumps on it normally that get water off, i was using hoses attached to them to get the water away, and then over the winter the ends of the hoses froze in the snow and the pumps couldn't do their dealio.
so i got these pieces that "shoot" the water off. well all that fucking rain last night, got ahead of my pumps and started to drown them... if the hoses were on they could have kept chugging but because it was the shooters they were fucked, coupled with how much rain came down so quickly. it was fucking nuts.
this is what i looked out and saw... lil buddy just tryin' his nuts off to stay above water.

1653562654330.png

when i got out there:

1653562684503.png

1653562708180.png

throwing all i got at it

1653562758262.png

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Did the liner pretty much myself, wife helped out on some of it. Not too bad for a first timer. It’s not perfect but should hold up fine. Now I need to get the manifold on my heater replaced as it’s leaking and causing the control panel not to respond. Heater still works just can’t adjust the temp.

View attachment 120662

View attachment 120663
Good old boulder swirl. I used that one at one point in my 20 years of pool ownership.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Friends of ours just bought a 18' above ground pool and had it installed 2 days ago. Now mind you, he works 8-10hrs a day, then he is out running errands all night. She is lazy as fuck and so are her teenager kids. Thats a perfect recipe for a pool that is green 80% of the summer lol. He wants me to run over tonight and show him and her the basics on chemicals, cleaning etc. I'm going to tell him in a nice way but a firm way so they get the hint. You guys really should hire someone to come by once a week to maintain this pool. I WILL NOT be running over here every other week when your shit is turning green. Last night on the phone he asks, do I only need to run the pump/filter when we are using it. I said, fuck no you have to run it 8-10hrs a day. He was worried about his electrical bill skyrocketing lol.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
Friends of ours just bought a 18' above ground pool and had it installed 2 days ago. Now mind you, he works 8-10hrs a day, then he is out running errands all night. She is lazy as fuck and so are her teenager kids. Thats a perfect recipe for a pool that is green 80% of the summer lol. He wants me to run over tonight and show him and her the basics on chemicals, cleaning etc. I'm going to tell him in a nice way but a firm way so they get the hint. You guys really should hire someone to come by once a week to maintain this pool. I WILL NOT be running over here every other week when your shit is turning green. Last night on the phone he asks, do I only need to run the pump/filter when we are using it. I said, fuck no you have to run it 8-10hrs a day. He was worried about his electrical bill skyrocketing lol.

My neighbor is the same way. Both are really panicky and completely clueless about 95% of things. (They consult the inter webs every time their kids cry or fall down!)
He told me the other day they were getting a pool. Then he asks if I could help him maintain it because the internet says it’s difficult.
Told him the same thing. Hire a company to maintain it. I have enough going on with my own pool, yard, kids….

Reactions: Shawn1112

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I've got that frogger mineral pack/chlorine pack setup. Easiest fucking thing in the world, just test the pool every couple of days (test strip) to make sure everything is good. About once a month pop the cap on the frogger and swap out the chlorine pack and every 3 months the mineral pack. Vacuuming is the only thing that sucks maintenance wise.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
my pool has a retractable cover.
last night the 1.5 inches of rain in under an hour, fucked me.
i have two pumps on it normally that get water off, i was using hoses attached to them to get the water away, and then over the winter the ends of the hoses froze in the snow and the pumps couldn't do their dealio.
so i got these pieces that "shoot" the water off. well all that fucking rain last night, got ahead of my pumps and started to drown them... if the hoses were on they could have kept chugging but because it was the shooters they were fucked, coupled with how much rain came down so quickly. it was fucking nuts.
this is what i looked out and saw... lil buddy just tryin' his nuts off to stay above water.

View attachment 120747

when i got out there:

View attachment 120748

View attachment 120749

throwing all i got at it

View attachment 120750
No rain, no problem

1653575938235.png

Thread Info