🔧 BUILD ZX's 2021 Camaro ZL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Finally got back to the track with a tire and a car that works.

Last week I went and got rained out literally a mile from the track. The skys opened up from sunshine to hurricane and rained out last week. But this week it was nice-ish. DA was over 90000000 and the temp was 92. Needless to say the car was not happy about it but made a good showing.

First pass off the road from an 80 mile drive to get there was a dismal 11.6@121. So I let the car cool for two hours and let the temps drop. Still 1 million DA, I was able to muster an 11.4@124. Thats all she had in this weather. Aside from the horrible temps and DA, the car is absolutely pig rich from the factory. Its pulling between 11 to 15% fuel at closed loop and at open loop with no wideband yet, who knows. But I assume its like 11.0afr or something the like. Next step is a tune and maybe some headers. Im not going back until I at least get a tune and some cooler weather.

And for us here in FL that means November. So this is basically the end of our season.

First video is the hot 11.6, second is the cooled off 11.4. Both times the car hooked no problem. First pass was off idle and the second was at like 1500rpm launch off foot brake. Track mode, TC/ESC completely off.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Are you going to have the trans tuning done at this time?
Yep. I ordered the HHP TCM a few weeks ago and added that to the build. I have that sitting here. The rest went to the shop. Should be 2-3 days for the install and tune. Then track time. Bradenton motorsports park just reopened. They completely redid the track. They had an event this weekend and it went well. Apparently hooking good. I have my 17 ET street SSs so I hope Im good.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yep. I ordered the HHP TCM a few weeks ago and added that to the build. I have that sitting here. The rest went to the shop. Should be 2-3 days for the install and tune. Then track time. Bradenton motorsports park just reopened. They completely redid the track. They had an event this weekend and it went well. Apparently hooking good. I have my 17 ET street SSs so I hope Im good.
Hell yeah! Can't wait to see/hear the results!

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
If this is my last post, its because the wife has killed me...

1662222184451.png

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
High level, what is the benefit from swapping a factory supercharger to the Magnusum?
Far more efficient. The stock blower is a 1.7l this one is a 2.6l. And the cooling bricks inside are 3x bigger. It moves way more air and cooler at the same boost. And it’s 1200+hp capable. My dude with c7 Z06 makes 1400hp using same blower.

Beast. Actually this is all I’m going to do. I decided rather than spend $10k on all the piece parts like I was, I’d rather just do this blower and see where we land. It’s a complete turn key kit for a stock car. Should make 700hp easy with nothing even stock airbox. I have the rotofab cai so no worries there.

The shop was cool. They had another ZL1 lined up waiting for basically the same parts so I let all mine go and my timeslot and shifted my money to this. The car will completely drive stock but have an extra 125hp. Plus my stock blower is worth $2500 on the street to sell. This was a bargain in comparison to all the other parts. And the Meth was making me real nervous.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Far more efficient. The stock blower is a 1.7l this one is a 2.6l. And the cooling bricks inside are 3x bigger. It moves way more air and cooler at the same boost. And it’s 1200+hp capable. My dude with c7 Z06 makes 1400hp using same blower.

Beast. Actually this is all I’m going to do. I decided rather than spend $10k on all the piece parts like I was, I’d rather just do this blower and see where we land. It’s a complete turn key kit for a stock car. Should make 700hp easy with nothing even stock airbox. I have the rotofab cai so no worries there.

The shop was cool. They had another ZL1 lined up waiting for basically the same parts so I let all mine go and my timeslot and shifted my money to this. The car will completely drive stock but have an extra 125hp. Plus my stock blower is worth $2500 on the street to sell. This was a bargain in comparison to all the other parts. And the Meth was making me real nervous.

Keep the stock blower in case u decide to trade it in later on and get more money for the magnuson blower.

Reactions: Rent Free
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info