🔧 BUILD ZX's 2021 Camaro ZL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I passed on the 1LE because after thinking about what Rent Free Rent Free said, I would miss having a factory boosted car after having a few. And I was still on the lookout for another camaro. And the sweetheart of all sweetheart deals landed in my lap.

I SCORED, and I mean scored a brand new 2021 Shock color ZL1 a10. The car was part of the GM pep program and was mainly used as a display car at car shows and nascar races and whatnot. It had 188 miles. The car was in service on 1/1/21, so its a tad over a year old, but the dealer tossed in a 5yr/75k bumper to bumper warranty that starts today. Not when the factory warranty started since it was not ever titled.

The car is like 9/10 perfect. Im not going to lie. It needs a paint correction. You've all been to the auto show and seen all the cleaning crews constantly walking around dusting and wiping down the cars all day. Now times that over a year, the car has some decent paint damage/imperfections. Mainly spider scratches basically everywhere. And tons of hard water spots.

Nothing a real paint correction can't fix. So what happened was I started looking for ZL1's on the chevy locator because I knew I wanted one and not the SS in the end. And when I pulled up the page, I accidentally hit 2021 instead of 2022. And this ONE CAR popped. It was the color I always wanted but is now discontinued.

I called yesterday morning and worked out the deal on my trade and the financing over the phone. Salesman said they had another guy kicking it around to put down a deposit, but since I was first and had an approved deal, it was mine. So today 5am I hopped in the hellcat and drove it 400 miles to get the ZL1. Got there around lunchtime. Signed papers and hit the road back. Just got home. Car has 699 miles on it now.

Its a complete BEAST like the 18 I had was. But this one has all the newest goodies that came in on the 19+ cars. Plus the color, awe man its my favorite. This was a no compromise deal. They matched the trade number I was getting for it for the 1LE deal and I got the ZL1 for well under invoice including that warranty. Im into this car for stripper SS money. On to the pics.

1648003373599.png

1648003399264.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I passed on the 1LE because after thinking about what Rent Free Rent Free said, I would miss having a factory boosted car after having a few. And I was still on the lookout for another camaro. And the sweetheart of all sweetheart deals landed in my lap.

I SCORED, and I mean scored a brand new 2021 Shock color ZL1 a10. The car was part of the GM pep program and was mainly used as a display car at car shows and nascar races and whatnot. It had 188 miles. The car was in service on 1/1/21, so its a tad over a year old, but the dealer tossed in a 5yr/75k bumper to bumper warranty that starts today. Not when the factory warranty started since it was not ever titled.

The car is like 9/10 perfect. Im not going to lie. It needs a paint correction. You've all been to the auto show and seen all the cleaning crews constantly walking around dusting and wiping down the cars all day. Now times that over a year, the car has some decent paint damage/imperfections. Mainly spider scratches basically everywhere. And tons of hard water spots.

Nothing a real paint correction can't fix. So what happened was I started looking for ZL1's on the chevy locator because I knew I wanted one and not the SS in the end. And when I pulled up the page, I accidentally hit 2021 instead of 2022. And this ONE CAR popped. It was the color I always wanted but is now discontinued.

I called yesterday morning and worked out the deal on my trade and the financing over the phone. Salesman said they had another guy kicking it around to put down a deposit, but since I was first and had an approved deal, it was mine. So today 5am I hopped in the hellcat and drove it 400 miles to get the ZL1. Got there around lunchtime. Signed papers and hit the road back. Just got home. Car has 699 miles on it now.

Its a complete BEAST like the 18 I had was. But this one has all the newest goodies that came in on the 19+ cars. Plus the color, awe man its my favorite. This was a no compromise deal. They matched the trade number I was getting for it for the 1LE deal and I got the ZL1 for well under invoice including that warranty. Im into this car for stripper SS money. On to the pics.

View attachment 115148

View attachment 115149
I gotta admit, that color is CHOICE. Congrats, lets hope you keep this one ;)

Do you want me to split the post off into a new thread for you?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Can you write a book on how to make money beating the piss out of cars and trading them in for a profit please. Fantastic looking Camaro. Love it.
I was going to say the same thing. This guy never ever loses money and always finds unheard of deals.
Please write a book as I trade/buy/sell cars more often than you and I need to know the secrets.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I was going to say the same thing. This guy never ever loses money and always finds unheard of deals.
Please write a book as I trade/buy/sell cars more often than you and I need to know the secrets.
Yeah, I either need the horseshoe he has up his ass or need his salary for a few years.

Love the car and color combo though.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
There are no secrets. Its a game of numbers. And by that I mean volume of calls/emails to dealers all over the country shopping your trade. Its free and easy to contact dealers all over the country by email or phone, and send them the vin, pics, miles and anything else they require to put a number on your car. Take the best deal, get it on paper and use that to push other dealers into the same or similar deals, but they having the car you want.
Play all sides against eachother and they will either tell you no thanks or they will bend and want to make a deal. It helps the cars Im trading in are hellcats and ZL1's and whatnot. If I was trying to trade in an older SUV or something, it would be a different story obv.

Dealers are buying cars right now from anywhere they can just to have inventory. They are very flexible on selling costs. So selling them my hellcat for way over its original sticker plus buying their car under invoice is not unheard of because they are going to make more money flipping my HC then they lost on the ZL1 I just got. Its a win-win for both. Im just taking advantage of the awesome market here. If the deal was me getting retail for mine and paying way over retail for theirs, I wouldnt have done it. The hellcat was worth too much not to cash out from all the headaches it brought. In any other market where I would have broke even or lost money, I would have kept it and tried to keep working on it.

When you have a known lemon car that you can potentially make $25k profit on, why is it a question to sell it or not?>? Thats a no brainer.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah, I either need the horseshoe he has up his ass or need his salary for a few years.

Love the car and color combo though.

Order you a base hellcat from one of the hellcat.org forum dealers for 6% under invoice now. Wait the 3 months. When it comes in, flip it for a $30k profit effortlessly. Not luck. Yes you'll need some decent credit to get a $75k loan if you are going in nothing down. But you will sell that new 22 back for $95k or more I bet. run it through givemethevin.com and all the other car buying services to get baselines and use those numbers plus the cars.com list of for sale units to push dealers to the max trade in value or straight up sale value. Then profit. Then repeat. Best to order the next one when the new one comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info