🔧 BUILD ZX's 2021 Camaro ZL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Oh fuck yes!!
Car is making average power. In all fairness its currently running the magnuson canned tune. SUPER rich like 11.3 afr across the rev range and on top of that there is like no timing in it. Made 590rwhp on a dynojet today. But the manifold temps are super awesome and they actually go down at the end of the pulls because of the super sick intercooler blocks inside the blower.

I was hoping for mid 600s but its suck a conservative tune. I think in a few weeks I'll hit up my local LT shop for a real custom tune and while they are at it I'll have the TCM installed and have the trans tuned as well.

Should make top 600s leaning it out and putting some timing in it. The canned tune was also for CA 91 gas to be CARB approved for CA sale. They wouldnt refine it for me for 93 sea level. At least its safe to run.

Finally looking to break into the 10s with it before I get a real tune or do anything else.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Car is making average power. In all fairness its currently running the magnuson canned tune. SUPER rich like 11.3 afr across the rev range and on top of that there is like no timing in it. Made 590rwhp on a dynojet today. But the manifold temps are super awesome and they actually go down at the end of the pulls because of the super sick intercooler blocks inside the blower.

I was hoping for mid 600s but its suck a conservative tune. I think in a few weeks I'll hit up my local LT shop for a real custom tune and while they are at it I'll have the TCM installed and have the trans tuned as well.

Should make top 600s leaning it out and putting some timing in it. The canned tune was also for CA 91 gas to be CARB approved for CA sale. They wouldnt refine it for me for 93 sea level. At least its safe to run.

Finally looking to break into the 10s with it before I get a real tune or do anything else.
Don’t be discouraged, sounds like she’ll be a beast in no time! Looks great.

Reactions: ZXMustang

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Is this kit the exact same kit for the Z06? How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
1663804207011.png

Reactions: cdh027

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That's about what my set-up made on the canned tune. Though I imagine your torque number should be more than mine given our displacement difference.

My tuner never touched the KB tune, he said it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Reactions: ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Are you going to do long tubes?
Eventually. Not right now. If I do the expensive ones they are $2500 plus another $1000 to install. Ive spent enough at this point for a while (wife talking). I might get a few small supporting mods soon like a JMS boost a pump and maybe one of the bigger TBs. My tuner guy said the TB is a big choke point with the ZL1. Its like 87mm. Might get the 95mm or the 103mm and the big gulp rotofab with the 5" elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info