NEW RIDE ZX's 2021 Camaro ZL1

TS
TS
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Oh fuck yes!!
Car is making average power. In all fairness its currently running the magnuson canned tune. SUPER rich like 11.3 afr across the rev range and on top of that there is like no timing in it. Made 590rwhp on a dynojet today. But the manifold temps are super awesome and they actually go down at the end of the pulls because of the super sick intercooler blocks inside the blower.

I was hoping for mid 600s but its suck a conservative tune. I think in a few weeks I'll hit up my local LT shop for a real custom tune and while they are at it I'll have the TCM installed and have the trans tuned as well.

Should make top 600s leaning it out and putting some timing in it. The canned tune was also for CA 91 gas to be CARB approved for CA sale. They wouldnt refine it for me for 93 sea level. At least its safe to run.

Finally looking to break into the 10s with it before I get a real tune or do anything else.

Dr. Jimbo

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Car is making average power. In all fairness its currently running the magnuson canned tune. SUPER rich like 11.3 afr across the rev range and on top of that there is like no timing in it. Made 590rwhp on a dynojet today. But the manifold temps are super awesome and they actually go down at the end of the pulls because of the super sick intercooler blocks inside the blower.

I was hoping for mid 600s but its suck a conservative tune. I think in a few weeks I'll hit up my local LT shop for a real custom tune and while they are at it I'll have the TCM installed and have the trans tuned as well.

Should make top 600s leaning it out and putting some timing in it. The canned tune was also for CA 91 gas to be CARB approved for CA sale. They wouldnt refine it for me for 93 sea level. At least its safe to run.

Finally looking to break into the 10s with it before I get a real tune or do anything else.
Don’t be discouraged, sounds like she’ll be a beast in no time! Looks great.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's about what my set-up made on the canned tune. Though I imagine your torque number should be more than mine given our displacement difference.

My tuner never touched the KB tune, he said it wouldn't make much of a difference.

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
So awesome, can’t wait to hear some driving reviews after some seat and track time.

TS
TS
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Congrats Brian when is she going to the track?
Next week if the rain stays away. The track is down in Bradenton and they get hit hard by the daily evening rain in the wet season. Once dry season comes we can race all winter in low DA.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Next week if the rain stays away. The track is down in Bradenton and they get hit hard by the daily evening rain in the wet season. Once dry season comes we can race all winter in low DA.

What did you car run stock?

TS
TS
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Are you going to do long tubes?
Eventually. Not right now. If I do the expensive ones they are $2500 plus another $1000 to install. Ive spent enough at this point for a while (wife talking). I might get a few small supporting mods soon like a JMS boost a pump and maybe one of the bigger TBs. My tuner guy said the TB is a big choke point with the ZL1. Its like 87mm. Might get the 95mm or the 103mm and the big gulp rotofab with the 5" elbow.

TS
TS
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Man, you’d be nipping at the back tire on my 600. My trap about 4-5mph faster, but consistently 11.1-11.2 all day long.

Think my average time over the course of 75 runs is like 11.23

*with the DA being > 2000 or 3000
Once the tune is crispy it should trap like 130.

Top Bottom