Jim
Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo greasy greasy ????

1662135548173.png

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The only issue I have with outward visibility is at stop lights. If Im the first car in line, the low brow of the roof obstructs the light and i have to bend forward to see if my light changed to green.

As for rearward, GM fixed that with the incredible HD rear view mirror/camera screen. Its absolutely awesome. At first it was weird because with the rearview mirror you are looking "through it" like a window. But with the camera screen, you have to look at it like you are looking at a monitor. Took a few drives to get used to the difference in perspective vs the old fashion mirror. Now its completely second nature.

And best part I can tilt it up and out of the way and it still works, like its more of a rear dash cam screen than rear view mirror. Super strange but I love it. And also I run 5% tints and since the camera is outside the car, its like not having tints at all obstructing the mirror. Yet I still have the dark windows.

0662DA8D-8652-4D07-909A-806AEA804314.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The only issue I have with outward visibility is at stop lights. If Im the first car in line, the low brow of the roof obstructs the light and i have to bend forward to see if my light changed to green.

As for rearward, GM fixed that with the incredible HD rear view mirror/camera screen. Its absolutely awesome. At first it was weird because with the rearview mirror you are looking "through it" like a window. But with the camera screen, you have to look at it like you are looking at a monitor. Took a few drives to get used to the difference in perspective vs the old fashion mirror. Now its completely second nature.

And best part I can tilt it up and out of the way and it still works, like its more of a rear dash cam screen than rear view mirror. Super strange but I love it. And also I run 5% tints and since the camera is outside the car, its like not having tints at all obstructing the mirror. Yet I still have the dark windows.

View attachment 130988
WhiteKnuckle WhiteKnuckle was telling us about his, and how he can zoom in on the car behind him, and watch people pick their nose :ROFLMAO:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Have you ever sat in one? The driving position (IE in a bathtub) is terrible and the blind spots are terrible.

Dynamically the Camaro is by far the superior chassis, but the two things above are two non-starters for me.

The S650 Mustang is coming out in a two weeks, that could be interesting too.
You mean the driving position is too low? That's how it's supposed to be in a car like that.

Blind spots don't bother me one bit, nice exterior lines frequently come at the expense of visibility, and not just in sports cars. Ever sat in an x4 or x6? You can't see shit out of those things, and thanks to technology it doesn't matter

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You mean the driving position is too low? That's how it's supposed to be in a car like that.

Blind spots don't bother me one bit, nice exterior lines frequently come at the expense of visibility, and not just in sports cars. Ever sat in an x4 or x6? You can't see shit out of those things, and thanks to technology it doesn't matter

I’m waiting for this thread to turn into; Conrad needs a Viper, Conrad - C6Z06 or bust, Stop acting poor… get a Porsche!, etc.

While Conrad is simply trying to sit in / test out a ZL1

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

The driving position is low in many sports cars but the Camaro shoulder line is way too high and creates visibility issues for me. Might be different for others based on height.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
I've never been in a ZL1 1LE so I can't speak to its ride. For some perspective my vette has solid motor mounts, solid trans/diff mount, poly bushings, and LG GT2 coilovers. It is stiff and any bump is harsh sounding and jiggles them boobies male or female. Yet it doesn't bother me one bit and it doesn't happen that often. Otherwise the ride is smooth as can be. It's not like you're going to take it out on the shittiest roads you can find and aim for pot holes. You aren't daily driving it. So I wouldn't be to worried about the harshness. A little jiggle here and there is a fair trade off for hitting turns harder and faster. Just my .02.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I'm literally looking at camaros because shelby's are too expensive, and this dude recommends a $175k porsche

smh

You can find cheaper ones. Buy a rebuilt title car? What do you care? The thing would be modded anyways. And a rebuilt GT3 is gonna be done at a reputable shop. They usually come with full rebuild documentation.

Pratt’s on another level

We are talking about Conrad here. He building a million dollar+ house. The dude does well for himself.

I sling used parts, DD a 1995 F150, and live in a $130k home. THAT'S what I can afford my poverty Porsche. lol

"Hey guys, I want to ride in a zl1 1le, know anyone that has one?"

TCG:

View attachment 131030

View attachment 131031

I'm just saying what you're thinking. lol Buying the ZL1 just takes you further away from the car you really want.

We hope you've enjoyed your stay.

It's like he doesn't even understand TCG...

:rofl:

And ya, the stories you read about the ZL1 1LE are probably true. And mostly from guys in California, Florida, and Texas where the roads are nice. Solid inserts and stiff bushings are very unforgiving. I would sacrifice the track weapon aspect of the car to keep the street driving comfort. Because as you said, the amount of track time versus the street time you could/should be driving the car isn't a good trade. If you had it sitting at your garage at the Autobahn and drove it there every other week, that would be one thing. Not driving a car a lot because it sucks to drive is not where you want to end up.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

I drove Pets's 22 SS 1LE on TCG Tour for probably 50-70 miles, had plenty of time to romp on it, and while yeah the interior is definitely claustrophobic its a nice place to drive the car from. Great seats, good ergonomics, and the steering, and handling were phenomenal.

I'd totally buy a new 1LE SS, or ZL1 (I'd even consider the 1LE, I'm okay with break your back suspension).

FYI, the Focus RS in Track Mode with supension in Sport mode is also unbearably stiff. But on smooth pavement it rocks hard core. Minimal to no body roll, immediate response to driver input, amazing stability under extreme braking.

I spent most of TCG Tour with the suspension in Track Mode, rarely did I drop it down to normal.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The roads around here are the biggest issue with any stiff suspension. That's the reason it is tough to talk to people on the internet. A guy that has never left Florida will tell you how the 1LE suspension isn't that bad. How anyone complaining is a sissy. But another guy in New York will say it's a track-only car because the suspension is so stiff.

I mean, neither one is wrong. lol But be realistic about how the car will get used and where you will get most for your money.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The roads around here are the biggest issue with any stiff suspension. That's the reason it is tough to talk to people on the internet. A guy that has never left Florida will tell you how the 1LE suspension isn't that bad. How anyone complaining is a sissy. But another guy in New York will say it's a track-only car because the suspension is so stiff.

I mean, neither one is wrong. lol But be realistic about how the car will get used and where you will get most for your money.
I agree to a point. If the car is going to be a once or twice a year track weapon, and only seeing 2,000-3,000 of road miles, a super stiff suspension wouldn't turn me off. However, say you're putting 10,000 miles on it a year and it's a daily driver, then it'd be a pain in the ass, literally and figuratively speaking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info