Zl1 1le - anyone have one?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
WhiteKnuckle WhiteKnuckle has a SS 1LE... Kinda the same.
Nah it’s not unfortunately. The ZL1 1LE has the DSSV adjustable suspension, not the magride like the SS1LE and the normal ZL1. The ride is compared to the ZL1 in track mode but one step above in stiffness and harshness. That would be a no in my book for street driving. Mine in track mode will rattle your teeth over bumps. In tour and sport it’s much more compliant but not harsh. The 1LE has no business on the street.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Nah it’s not unfortunately. The ZL1 1LE has the DSSV adjustable suspension, not the magride like the SS1LE and the normal ZL1. The ride is compared to the ZL1 in track mode but one step above in stiffness and harshness. That would be a no in my book for street driving. Mine in track mode will rattle your teeth over bumps. In tour and sport it’s much more compliant but not harsh. The 1LE has no business on the street.

Have you driven or ride in a 1le? Connie of this is true here is your answer the 1le has no business being on the street.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Have you driven or ride in a 1le? Connie of this is true here is your answer the 1le has no business being on the street.
Yea ridden in. It was a cringe fest over every crack in the road. Like when you cringe because it sounds like the bottom is going to drop out. It’s harsh. Make no mistake. On a smooth track tho, it’s GT3RS good.

And this topic comes up weekly on the Camaro forums guys asking about or posting their regrets getting the 1LE for the street.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The 1LE has no business on the street.
I like purpose-built stuff and there are so many differing opinions here that the only way to know for sure is to ride in one. GM did an amazing job with the zl1 1le, for a 2-3k mile/year toy I don't think it would bother me at all, but won't know until I ride in one.

The f1 supercars that come on the zle from the factory sure didn't do the car any favors on the street, literally everyone says it's night and day when you switch to something like a ps4s.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Dave did you hit your head and wake up in 2019? They didn't really allow test drives on these cars even before covid, and now there's damn near no inventory.

Plus I'd rather get an honest opinion and ride from an owner
Message Lumber21 on IG. I don't know if he still has his 1LE, but he could at least give you some insight on it.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info