• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

yet another issue!!

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Reaction score
a couple months ago Sinister DD replaced my LIM gaskets, coolant flush, changed oil, and put on poly motor mounts. Since then there has been a vibration that is driving me crazy. I have replaced both front wheel hubs, calipers, rotors, checked all things suspension to make sure nothing is loose and everything is spot on. what can be the cause of this problem?? im stumped and about ready to give up with this car and sell it. Can the poly mounts be the culprit? do i need to replace the axles?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
a couple months ago Sinister DD replaced my LIM gaskets, coolant flush, changed oil, and put on poly motor mounts. Since then there has been a vibration that is driving me crazy. I have replaced both front wheel hubs, calipers, rotors, checked all things suspension to make sure nothing is loose and everything is spot on. what can be the cause of this problem?? im stumped and about ready to give up with this car and sell it. Can the poly mounts be the culprit? do i need to replace the axles?
The polys will add a little vibration as I told you, but sounds like there could be another issue if its real bad. Give us a call or stop in on Sat.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
vibration when?

at idle? accel? WOT? decel? turning?

if its at idle then its probably the poly mounts, otherwise, yikes, who knows

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Reaction score
the vibration is more at low to higher speeds. more pronounced when turning to the left. there is idle vibration. but is minimal.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Did you have poly mounts before? How bad does it vibrate? Shake the car vibrate? or massage your hands vibrate?

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
how many miles on your tires? Could need an alignment and it's just a coincidence that it started happening at the same time.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
alignment and/or bad axle would be my knee jerk reaction

Leaning towards bad axle though with the vibes during turning

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Reaction score
Did you have poly mounts before? How bad does it vibrate? Shake the car vibrate? or massage your hands vibrate?
no, i had stock mounts before. its not shake the car bad. its more of an annoyance vibration. there is a kinda loud humming vibration is about the best way to describe it. its not vibrating parts off the car bad.

As for my tires, I have slightly more than 1/8 tread left. I had an alignment done about 3 or 4 months ago.

As i said, it seems to be more pronounced while turning and at higher speeds.

it can be heard more inside the car then outside the car.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Reaction score

this is what i was thinking. would it be a good idea to change the axles anyway?

I dont see any of the boots cut or leaking.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a tough call...and I'm facing a similar if not the same issue. I am replacing my axles though. I believe mine is on the driver's side, and also not leaking...however, it pulls out farther than it should and only noticed it when I rebuilt my suspension. Not a lot of components down there, and I have hubs with less than 5K miles, new ball joints, tie-rod ends, bushings, and a fresh alignment.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a tough call...and I'm facing a similar if not the same issue. I am replacing my axles though. I believe mine is on the driver's side, and also not leaking...however, it pulls out farther than it should and only noticed it when I rebuilt my suspension. Not a lot of components down there, and I have hubs with less than 5K miles, new ball joints, tie-rod ends, bushings, and a fresh alignment.
The hub bearing i have are less than 1K miles. that was my first repair since i thought that was the cause, so i guess ill just swap some axles now. Where can i pick up a reliable set? Napa? ZZP? or other?

GTwolf

Reaction score

This wouldn't cause vibrations at idle would it?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dunno man, I think it is just the new polys. You would notice more vibration now than before. It might take a minute to get used to, but if it gets worse then you know something else is the prob.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom