yet another issue!!

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
a couple months ago Sinister DD replaced my LIM gaskets, coolant flush, changed oil, and put on poly motor mounts. Since then there has been a vibration that is driving me crazy. I have replaced both front wheel hubs, calipers, rotors, checked all things suspension to make sure nothing is loose and everything is spot on. what can be the cause of this problem?? im stumped and about ready to give up with this car and sell it. Can the poly mounts be the culprit? do i need to replace the axles?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
a couple months ago Sinister DD replaced my LIM gaskets, coolant flush, changed oil, and put on poly motor mounts. Since then there has been a vibration that is driving me crazy. I have replaced both front wheel hubs, calipers, rotors, checked all things suspension to make sure nothing is loose and everything is spot on. what can be the cause of this problem?? im stumped and about ready to give up with this car and sell it. Can the poly mounts be the culprit? do i need to replace the axles?

The polys will add a little vibration as I told you, but sounds like there could be another issue if its real bad. Give us a call or stop in on Sat.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Did you have poly mounts before? How bad does it vibrate? Shake the car vibrate? or massage your hands vibrate?

no, i had stock mounts before. its not shake the car bad. its more of an annoyance vibration. there is a kinda loud humming vibration is about the best way to describe it. its not vibrating parts off the car bad.

As for my tires, I have slightly more than 1/8 tread left. I had an alignment done about 3 or 4 months ago.

As i said, it seems to be more pronounced while turning and at higher speeds.

it can be heard more inside the car then outside the car.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, it's a tough call...and I'm facing a similar if not the same issue. I am replacing my axles though. I believe mine is on the driver's side, and also not leaking...however, it pulls out farther than it should and only noticed it when I rebuilt my suspension. Not a lot of components down there, and I have hubs with less than 5K miles, new ball joints, tie-rod ends, bushings, and a fresh alignment.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Yeah, it's a tough call...and I'm facing a similar if not the same issue. I am replacing my axles though. I believe mine is on the driver's side, and also not leaking...however, it pulls out farther than it should and only noticed it when I rebuilt my suspension. Not a lot of components down there, and I have hubs with less than 5K miles, new ball joints, tie-rod ends, bushings, and a fresh alignment.

The hub bearing i have are less than 1K miles. that was my first repair since i thought that was the cause, so i guess ill just swap some axles now. Where can i pick up a reliable set? Napa? ZZP? or other?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois

090515syp2spotlightcopy.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info