This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Back day.

Getting cold in the garage.

Definitely going to be blowing insulation in the ceiling and hanging a unit heater in here before next winter. I doubt exterior walls have insulation but there is sheet rock hung. Might have to just pop some holes and pack the stud bays from the top.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
My garage is chilly too.

New plan, lifting every day for therapy.
Not overly excessive, been in maintenance mode for about 21 years
:rofl:

Point being its awesome, natural mental therapy.

Last year I was dreading off lifting days on work days.

Work is pretty stressful, yesterday was chest, shoulders, triceps etc

Normally today would had been an off lifting day (I cardio every day)

But working with lighter weight - > many sets, arms, or whatever really helped bringing my angry, stressed because of work mindset back to reality thinking of chill, I can manage this etc

In any event, exercise is hands down the best stress reducer.

At least in my opinion.

?

Reactions: Kizzlebizz

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
i try to explain people making up leg exercises on the assisted tricep dip, and standing on the shoulder press machine facing inwards to do shrugs, as people training for fun and variety. try those ;p
I like when people try to do squats with the standing calf raise machine.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Thatā€™s about full range of motion for 90% of people doing squats anyways. Exaggerated knee bend.

hurts because it's true :cry: i can go parallel squatting in front of the mirror in my bathroom, when i go to the gym and throw any weight at all on my back, my body is always telling me to abort earlier. the lowest i'll get is if i cool down and go to 1 plate on each side and really try to do it, even then, not as low. guessing this makes muh gainz simply much slower.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
hurts because it's true :cry: i can go parallel squatting in front of the mirror in my bathroom, when i go to the gym and throw any weight at all on my back, my body is always telling me to abort earlier. the lowest i'll get is if i cool down and go to 1 plate on each side and really try to do it, even then, not as low. guessing this makes muh gainz simply much slower.
You have to train yourself from scratch to change your form, just do the bar for a while, then add a little weight and slowly over several weeks work your way back towards the weight you were doing, depth on squats has always been one of the most important things to me and it built the shit out of my legs a few years ago when I was squatting heavy 3 days a week

D91CBAE0-5366-4117-9E2A-ED96B1B313F4.jpeg

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You have to train yourself from scratch to change your form, just do the bar for a while, then add a little weight and slowly over several weeks work your way back towards the weight you were doing, depth on squats has always been one of the most important things to me and it built the shit out of my legs a few years ago when I was squatting heavy 3 days a week

View attachment 109784
Do you have long femurs or is that just the pic? If so itā€™s that much more impressive, long femurs make squatting difficult af

Reactions: Maro

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Do you have long femurs or is that just the pic? If so itā€™s that much more impressive, long femurs make squatting difficult af
I really donā€™t know what defines long lol, Iā€™m 6ā€™ tall, I watched lots of YouTube videos on stance and powerlifting and just kind of made up my own form, and I squatted that same depth on every rep because it felt like cheating if it wasnā€™t deep enough

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info