šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Between having Covid, the holidays and my vacation. Today was my first time in the gym in almost 3 weeks.
Chest and kept it light with all machine work just to get the muscle's moving again. Will do machine work all week and then get back to free weights next week.
Felt so good to get a workout in!

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
First time weigh in today. Same as 6 months ago. Son is pushing me to do 2 protein shakes a day. Still building muscle. Problem is my shirts don't fit. Can't keep them tucked in. Chest ,back and shoulders all bigger, but stomach is fighting hard to not give up any ground...lol

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I've been off for about a month. Hopefully I'll be able to get back at it next week. I was sick off an on through December and was just avoiding the gym until this wave of cold, flu, rona, etc slows down.
Don't forget all the New Years Eve resolutions people are in the gym.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
First time weigh in today. Same as 6 months ago. Son is pushing me to do 2 protein shakes a day. Still building muscle. Problem is my shirts don't fit. Can't keep them tucked in. Chest ,back and shoulders all bigger, but stomach is fighting hard to not give up any ground...lol
I have that issue as well. My wife and some of my guys say my chest and shoulders are huge. I donā€™t think so lol. I gotta buy tall shirts.
Don't forget all the New Years Eve resolutions people are in the gym.
They usually only last until that free month is up lol

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Did my first bulk over the past few months and am just starting to cut.
My strength definitely improved, but not worth the 10-15 pounds of fat that came along with it.

Sticking with the same PPL schedule I've been on and hoping to maintain my strength while being in a deficit.
Also throwing in daily cardio which has been brutal to get back in the swing of. lol

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
how dirty did you bulk?

my cardio is trash, at muay thai class even warming up with jump ropes i'm like fuuuck this shit lol. my instructor gave me a rare few minute sessions on pads here yesterday, and i was gassed as fuck after 3 minutes. am i going to go out and start jogging though? fuck no, that shit is no fun at all lol

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Not too bad, really.
I tracked everything and tried to be clean during the week and was a bit more lenient on weekends, December was rough with the holidays and a few trips out of town so I know I slipped up quite a bit.

I used to take boxing classes pretty regularly and those would absolutely kick my ass. I haven't been in probably a year or so, but would love to get that back in my routine.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Not too bad, really.
I tracked everything and tried to be clean during the week and was a bit more lenient on weekends, December was rough with the holidays and a few trips out of town so I know I slipped up quite a bit.

I used to take boxing classes pretty regularly and those would absolutely kick my ass. I haven't been in probably a year or so, but would love to get that back in my routine.

in thailand i was pretty good about 6 days a week, 3 for muay thai 3 for the gym. in mexico i'm like 1-2 muay thai, 2-3 gym. definitely super fun to do and have found i really enjoy it. boxing is probably going to be more useful in real life, but muay thai is fun since you get to throw elbows in there, and the kicks are fun - i think you burn more calories too since you are using all the leg muscles throwing them.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Question, anyone in the thread using the Planet Fitness in Bloomingdale? I've had a membership there for almost two years and have rarely gone. I'd like to start going again for strength training to see if it helps alleviate some chronic issues and could use a workout partner that possess's some good practices and knowledge. I prefer to go late evenings, like 8 or 9 pm when it's less crowded.

Plan is to start back up in the next few weeks after this current injury finally clears out.

Reactions: Kizzlebizz

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Question, anyone in the thread using the Planet Fitness in Bloomingdale? I've had a membership there for almost two years and have rarely gone. I'd like to start going again for strength training to see if it helps alleviate some chronic issues and could use a workout partner that possess's some good practices and knowledge. I prefer to go late evenings, like 8 or 9 pm when it's less crowded.

Plan is to start back up in the next few weeks after this current injury finally clears out.
i think i paid for LA fitness for a literal decade while going in like 20 times max. no bueno

good luck finding a workout buddy. i have looked in the past for someone, just even from an accountability standpoint so we'd both be obligated to show up. only advice is don't wait up for one, start going and get yourself and your brain into the habit of going either way.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah, you gotta do you for sure. The hardest thing is the commitment it takes to start and keep going beyond the first 6 months. After that you'll start to see a difference and slacking or skipping feels like you're cheating yourself outta all the hard work you did.

Legs and shoulders today. Going on vacation this weekend, so it's been heavy every day this week since I won't get a second chance for chest and bi's. Strength is coming back and I started back on creatine this week.

Anyone not natural? Not that it's a bad thing, just not for me.

Also, let's keep the conversation going. Anyone go goals for the year?

Reactions: Shawn1112

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I think this event probably cleared out the new year's resolution crowd at my gym ? :LOL:

I haven't been to the gym in about a month. I've been thrashing away on my car on weeknights instead of going to the gym. I'm going to get back at it next week. I need something to do to blow off steam. Working on a project car just causes more stress after a long work day.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info