TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
HUGE..
Hahaha
Whole Lotta Effort and Gear to look like that

giphy.gif
They’re not that big compared to the open bodybuilding guys. There’s a weight limit based on height in that class. White dude is 6’1”, can’t be over 220 on stage.

Reactions: Spivitz

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So I stopped deadlifting about 2 years ago because I kept tweaking my back. Admittedly I didn’t do enough spine erector exercises to supplement

just did rack pulls them a modified weighted hyper extension, and holy shit are my erectors cramping up like crazy. I’m walking around looking like a total idiot lol

• Haha
Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
did muay thai today but going to experiment tomorrow with heavier weights. at least some exercises i think i'm holding back on just to work on form/keep safe, although realistically can probably do a little, to maybe a lot (? squat?) more weight on than i have been doing. esp since some stuff i do 12 or 13 reps which probably means i'm way too light.

i also never leave the gym feeling like 'fuck me i'm destroyed gents' - just tired/happy to leave. although if i go until total failure i probably won't have anything in me to try and bang out some kicks before i leave as an exit tax. also more kicks = more pizza i still ain't eatin' clean

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
did muay thai today but going to experiment tomorrow with heavier weights. at least some exercises i think i'm holding back on just to work on form/keep safe, although realistically can probably do a little, to maybe a lot (? squat?) more weight on than i have been doing. esp since some stuff i do 12 or 13 reps which probably means i'm way too light.

i also never leave the gym feeling like 'fuck me i'm destroyed gents' - just tired/happy to leave. although if i go until total failure i probably won't have anything in me to try and bang out some kicks before i leave as an exit tax. also more kicks = more pizza i still ain't eatin' clean

work heavier, but absolutely do not ever compromise form. As soon as your form starts the break down, rack it. Squats are so easy to go to snap city on your back. They’re not dangerous, you just need to know when to hang it up.

Bench you can get away with bouncing it off your chest and struggle to lock it out for a couple reps. If you are grinding out the top of a squat or stuck in the hole and your form gives out, RIP.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
so today i went and tried heavier on a couple things, single arm lat pulldown machine and added 10 kilos to each side more than normal. couldn't do all sets that way though.

squat i added 20 kilos more to the most i've tried before, so definitely the most i've loaded up on my back.

i worked up to that and did 10, which is probably too many/means i could go heavier, but they weren't a good 10 and probably a 0 in you guys that know what you're doing book. they weren't like the completely hokey reps i see some people do in youtube videos (really don't understand that) but they weren't as deep as i normally go, which isn't super deep anyway. i kind of go as deep as i feel comfortable and think i can still get up from. my squat rack has no safety bars either i'll note, so that's also a contributor as to why i'm not so bold. i figure it's better to stick around these weights and try to go deeper for now. am definitely feeling it in my legs a bit more now going up stairs.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Early morning BENCH
.... FTW

???
Might shoot for 405 today pending who is there to spot me. Shoulders and pecs 100% pain free for the last week or so.

What are everyones thoughts on a meal prior to shooting for 405. I have no problems lifting while in a fasting state, or just eating something small prior to lifting. But I want every advantage possible going for 405. I have 2 chicken breasts with a side of noodles sitting at home for lunch. Should I eat that first, if so how long before I lift?

Thread Info