šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Iā€™m still putting around at the gym here and there rotator cuff jacked up canā€™t bench or do back, tail bone is sort of ok been able to squat light, Iā€™m going to try some peptides to see if they will speed my shoulder recovery bike accident a few months back jacked me up
I remember the accident, didnt know it put you out of commission like that.
Good luck on the recovery

Reactions: Spivitz

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!
405lb flat bench press āœ… at 45 years old, only been lifting about 6yrs.
Been a number I have been chasing on and off the last few years. Have a video of it, have to upload to Youtube.
Had to put on some weight in order to hit it as I was stuck at 365ish iirc for a long time. Bigger dude at the gym told me I need to eat and put some weight on to get over the plateau. Now I know I said when I hit 405, that I would do it for a few weeks then start cutting weight. Debating if I wanna chase a 500lb bench press. Probably have to eat 5000-7000 calories a day and go fucking bananas at the gym every day. Wind up looking like one of those professional powerlifters lol.
Bro, just get on some TRT.

congrats on the lift!

Reactions: Shawn1112

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I'm gunna have to start looking into what is the best way to get results I want.

I need to drop fat....

Heavy cardio and heavy lifting.?

Do I need to do protein shakes or is that just putting on fat?
Just eat more meat, protein shakes are just for missed meals of if you canā€™t eat enough real food, heavy lifting 10-15 minutes of cardio 5 times a week especially after legs it will help with the soreness, you burn more calories on a heavy compound lift than on the treadmill

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Just eat more meat, protein shakes are just for missed meals of if you canā€™t eat enough real food, heavy lifting 10-15 minutes of cardio 5 times a week especially after legs it will help with the soreness, you burn more calories on a heavy compound lift than on the treadmill
Reps and weight... Low and heavy? What?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm gunna have to start looking into what is the best way to get results I want.

I need to drop fat....

Heavy cardio and heavy lifting.?

Do I need to do protein shakes or is that just putting on fat?
Donā€™t obsess about all the details.

To lose fat : eat less and move more. Itā€™s that simple. Lifting and cardio is a good start, as is eating less fast food

Reactions: DEEZUZ and Spivitz

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!
405lb flat bench press āœ… at 45 years old, only been lifting about 6yrs.
Been a number I have been chasing on and off the last few years. Have a video of it, have to upload to Youtube.
Had to put on some weight in order to hit it as I was stuck at 365ish iirc for a long time. Bigger dude at the gym told me I need to eat and put some weight on to get over the plateau. Now I know I said when I hit 405, that I would do it for a few weeks then start cutting weight. Debating if I wanna chase a 500lb bench press. Probably have to eat 5000-7000 calories a day and go fucking bananas at the gym every day. Wind up looking like one of those professional powerlifters lol.
Congrats on 405 but fuck trying for 500. Youā€™re gonna make yourself fat, beat up your joints (and have a significant chance of injury) and clog your arteries just to hit a number? Why?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

You have to really want it. Then.
Discipline Man.

Change your current routine, diet (cut down on drinkin soda and eating crap)

Do cardio, lift weights.
Keep moving.

Key - >Stay consistent.

You can do it Man.

Start now you will be much happier after hitting your goals.

You don't want to turn 45 being 100 fucking lbs over weight.

???

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Congrats on 405 but fuck trying for 500. Youā€™re gonna make yourself fat, beat up your joints (and have a significant chance of injury) and clog your arteries just to hit a number? Why?
Already look fat after packing on lbs to hit 405 lol. I decided I'll hit 405 a few more times (few more weeks) and then start cutting now that I'll have my sleep apnea machine and will be getting proper sleep. I'd like to get down to 240-245 as thats where I have always felt my best.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
blue shorts grey shirt, pretty tired here really, esp at the end with the 10 left after 10 right. that being said if i knew i was on camera i would have summoned all my energy to use it up looking better on camera! just can't go full out all proper and fast and all that every round, since i'm quite happy when the breaks come during my current intensity.

rando suggested video for me (this is normal) - check out the thai kids before school workout routine alone (7:45 in the video) at this gym in bangkok.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Gentlemen, it's time

giphy.gif

Reactions: Shawn1112

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Nada. I Just embrace the ache as part of being active and working with my hands for a living. Iā€™ll pop a couple Tylenol occasionally to get to sleep more comfortably, about it.

Work on mobility.

Donā€™t do things that irritate you excessively.
If running kills your knees, stop running and do something lower impact. If bench pressing is giving you a shoulder impingement, heal it up and figure out whatā€™s wrong with your form or alter the movement to something that works for you.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yea I already take that. Maybe I need to up the dose. I know Iā€™m fighting some sort of joint elbow injury. No idea how I did it, guessing I tweaked it slightly, and now itā€™s just a throbbing ache.
Tendinitis.
What are you doing for workouts, weights? Cardio? CrossFit?

Thread Info