šŸ„ Health Workout chat

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Whatever feels good to you normally. Some simple carbs(sugar), be hydrated and caffeine/stims if you normally have that before lifting.

practice the same way you perform.

If you were a sprinter and had been wearing the same pair of track cleats for 6mos while training, youā€™d be crazy to throw on a different pair from a different brand the day of a race.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I really need some way to do low intensity cardio at home. Having too hard of a time staying lean, I just donā€™t get enough activity during my avg. day.

Normally Iā€™d hit work gym for a bit but thatā€™s been closed since Covid started. Half tempted to pay $10/mo for a place down the street from home.

Reactions: Shawn1112

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Donā€™t have to try and be Superman. Slightly better food choices and 30min of work a few times a week will do wonders.

Well in Mexico I got my swole on doing pool cardio. Ya know when you haven't worked out in months/years and you tear up a muscle group and you can't wipe your ass so sore...? Ya I got that so I've been going to the gym doing it light so I can keep the muscles moving and not go through that again...

We also been swimming laps at the Y... It's nice to do a 40 min weight session then swim 10 or so laps..

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Fuck yeah man. I canā€™t fathom ever not working out at all. Prob not going to be super consistent my whole life, but doing SOMETHING is always going to happen.

so many people lose motivation trying to go all in. Anyone can push themselves for 6-12 weeks. Can you keep that shit going for a year? Two? Ten?

going twice a week 98% of the time is infinitely better than 5x/week 60% of the time.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Been feeling like crap lately(not Covid). Just sinus pressure and stuff with all these crazy changes in the weather. Iā€™m usually good for 5-6 days a week in the gym. I think Iā€™ve done 2 half ass sessions over the last week. I need to get back at it, I feel weird when I donā€™t go consistently.

Feeling under the weather and having a 1 year old at home will take the energy out of you for sure.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Fuck yeah man. I canā€™t fathom ever not working out at all. Prob not going to be super consistent my whole life, but doing SOMETHING is always going to happen.

so many people lose motivation trying to go all in. Anyone can push themselves for 6-12 weeks. Can you keep that shit going for a year? Two? Ten?

going twice a week 98% of the time is infinitely better than 5x/week 60% of the time.
No I always lose it 6 months in when I plateou

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The goal is for me to drop 50 lbs so I can fit on rides at Disney/Universal... Last time were there I barely fit anything... Like took 2 employees to buckle me in type shit.
Once I hit 405 for a week or 2, maybe hit it for a month. I'm going to go hardcore on cutting weight. Now that I know my sleep apnea was the cause for me to not be able to cut the way I used to be able to. I used to be able to shake off 30lbs with no problem at all when cutting time came. Lately, when I would go to cut, I would barely see any progress and get discouraged and say fuck it lol. Asked my Dr when I was diagnosed and he said that the sleep apnea very well could have stopped me from cutting the weight I normally did.

Reactions: Spivitz and DEEZUZ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
When I stop getting sore after an hour session is when I hang it up. I feel that for 2 weeks, try to change stuff up. Nothing ever works for me. I just legit stop getting sore and quit
I think the whole "your supposed to be sore after every workout" is very overblown. I lift heavy 90% of the time and even when I go beast mode on chest, I'm very rarely sore. If I pull or tweak something I'm sore, but thats a different kind of sore. I do legs probably once a month as I feel my legs are that strong and dont need to be trained weekly. I go heavy as fuck on leg day (all machines) as I dont squat anymore. I get a little sore but not like you would think.

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Thought it was all muscle destruction and rebuilding.
Spending a hour on flat bench and working my way up to 385 and lifting until I cant lift anymore never gets me sore. But I can assure you I'm destroying those muscles lol. Ive always had a very high tolerance for pain, so maybe that plays a roll as well

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!
405lb flat bench press āœ… at 45 years old, only been lifting about 6yrs.
Been a number I have been chasing on and off the last few years. Have a video of it, have to upload to Youtube.
Had to put on some weight in order to hit it as I was stuck at 365ish iirc for a long time. Bigger dude at the gym told me I need to eat and put some weight on to get over the plateau. Now I know I said when I hit 405, that I would do it for a few weeks then start cutting weight. Debating if I wanna chase a 500lb bench press. Probably have to eat 5000-7000 calories a day and go fucking bananas at the gym every day. Wind up looking like one of those professional powerlifters lol.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!
Been a number I have been chasing on and off the last few years. Have a video of it, have to upload to Youtube.
Had to put on some weight in order to hit it as I was stuck at 365ish iirc for a long time. Bigger dude at the gym told me I need to eat and put some weight on to get over the plateau. Now I know I said when I hit 405, that I would do it for a few weeks then start cutting weight. Debating if I wanna chase a 500lb bench press. Probably have to eat 5000-7000 calories a day and go fucking bananas at the gym every day. Wind up looking like one of those professional powerlifters lol.
No.. Don't do it!

Not worth a tear and added strain on your heart. 405 is beastly. me and high school buddy each hit it sophomore year but we were absolute fucking fools at the gym for a little bit.

Reactions: Shawn1112

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Might shoot for 405 today pending who is there to spot me. Shoulders and pecs 100% pain free for the last week or so.

What are everyones thoughts on a meal prior to shooting for 405. I have no problems lifting while in a fasting state, or just eating something small prior to lifting. But I want every advantage possible going for 405. I have 2 chicken breasts with a side of noodles sitting at home for lunch. Should I eat that first, if so how long before I lift?

I would eat 2 doughnuts 30 minutes before I went to the gym to try and pr

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!
Personally itā€™s probably not worth it unless you plan to compete, but a lot of the powerlifters are pretty light now a days itā€™s all in the programming and gear they take

Thread Info