Wolfsburg Jetta

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
u could always do what i did when i was younger....have the performance car be under a parent and you on one of their cars..i was the primary on my moms van for awhile and she was on the camaro...but that all changed after i got my first car loan, got booted off....just a thought tho
yea, my mom lapses hers all the time, not goin with her, my dad hahahahaha, he wouldnt even let me on his with my lumina, yea right with a camaro, ive thought of that tho

How is insurance so outrageous for you? Have you had a lot of accidents or tickets? Im only 21 and pay $76 every month for a trailblazer ss.

no accidents, one ticket, only been pulled over once and got that ticket. if they go by other family members thats the only thing i could think of that would make it so bad for me. my bro has had over 20 tickets for various things, has had his license suspended twice, and has been in 3 accidents. so that could have something to do with it.

something as simple as a serp. belt is a pain in the ass. stuff like that you may want to consider.

gotcha, im not gonna be gettin a new car for a few months, im just trying to get some opinions, help, and personal experience from some of the board members, expect to see several threads from me like this over the next few months

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Oh, and, most people don't realize, but insuring 2 cars is usually just as cheap as insuring one car. Just because you own more than one car doesn't mean you increase your chances of making a claim. You can only drive one car at a time. The M3 is cheaper to insure than my Camaro because I have it on my insurance as an occassional car with about 6k miles per year. Never drive it to work.

Damn, I should call up my INS. company and change my coverage. I could put down the TBSS as a pleasure/occasional as well. Im going to be lucky to hit 6k miles in a year of driving.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Dude, you don't want to get the Camaro because you can't afford the insurance but you're willing to start a project car? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

well fuck at that point, id jsut keep the lumina for my DD, but i dunno just looking, another thing i thought, anyone know of anyone doing this, u can get a gm LT1 for dirt cheap $500 easy, well swap that with the 350 TPI in the 89 GTA, i know its possible, but dunno if the tranny and all that shit would have to come out

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
This thread is making me do this right now-> :picard:

Going back and reading over this thread some, I think you are getting a little optimistic now. Your dad is cosining, he has to approve your puchase as well. From the way you made it sound, he is pretty much limiting you to a practical vehicle. Pick up something that looks decent and is reliable.

You said you can afford $450/ month for insurance + a payment. Im not trying to rag on you, but IIRC you work at a grocery store and likely dont make some baller cash. (unless it's Jewel, and you drive a GTP) $450 a month is going to wring out your bank account. All said and done how much money do you think you are going to have once that $450 is gone plus gas and other bills you have. Is working for a car all you want to do? Need a car to get to work, gotta work to pay for car.... so on and so on.

Id be driving an M3 like Turk if I spent every penny I could afford on a car. He makes some baller cash, so he can drive a baller car. His parents need not approve or cosign for it either. That would be quite funny though.Not pointing anyone out on the site, but I think a few of you guys drive a car a little beyond your means. None of my business.

In the end its JUST A CAR.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

Going back and reading over this thread some, I think you are getting a little optimistic now. Your dad is cosining, he has to approve your puchase as well. From the way you made it sound, he is pretty much limiting you to a practical vehicle. Pick up something that looks decent and is reliable.

You said you can afford $450/ month for insurance + a payment. Im not trying to rag on you, but IIRC you work at a grocery store and likely dont make some baller cash. (unless it's Jewel, and you drive a GTP) $450 a month is going to wring out your bank account. All said and done how much money do you think you are going to have once that $450 is gone plus gas and other bills you have. Is working for a car all you want to do? Need a car to get to work, gotta work to pay for car.... so on and so on.

Id be driving an M3 like Turk if I spent every penny I could afford on a car. He makes some baller cash, so he can drive a baller car. His parents need not approve or cosign for it either. That would be quite funny though.Not pointing anyone out on the site, but I think a few of you guys drive a car a little beyond your means. None of my business.

LOL!!!! BTW, where the hell have you been??? Haven't seen you in awhile???

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
LOL!!!! BTW, where the hell have you been??? Haven't seen you in awhile???

Its cold out son. I keep my ass inside where its warm. Work gives me the pleasure of either working inside of a refrigerator/freezer or being on a roof where its just as cold or colder. Ive been trying to do something with Allen lately too, but he is either working at night or doesnt want to go out with his garage queen GTP. :bowrofl:

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan

on average i make at least $800 take home monthly, just have a credit card and cell phone, total for that is no more that $100 a month, so im at $550 whcih leaves me with $250, which is why i wanted to go with a jetta, good gas mileage, cheap insurance, and one reason im getting my dad to cosign is to get a lower apr, he has damn near perfect credit, ive already done the loan calculations on the jetta 3 yrs at 9% with a $1000 dollar DP was around $208 a month, insurance was around $150 so right there im under my $450 limit so realistically about $458 dollars a month on bills, which leaves me with $352 to bullshit with, gas, food, misc. i think ill be fine and am not livin outside my means, with a camaro yes, with a jetta no, and is by no means baller haha

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
with $800 take home a month, i would seriously stay around the 200/month 60 month loan type... which is around a $10k car. lots and lots of good cars in that area.

I got mine for that much financed (after 2 craptastic trades) and I don't drive a jetta or a mazda hatch (i know they are nice though...)

but looking in the future, what about school bills? time to buy books (just getting more and more expensive)? What about dating? I know that seems funny but it costs money ;)

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
with $800 take home a month, i would seriously stay around the 200/month 60 month loan type... which is around a $10k car. lots and lots of good cars in that area.

I got mine for that much financed (after 2 craptastic trades) and I don't drive a jetta or a mazda hatch (i know they are nice though...)

but looking in the future, what about school bills? time to buy books (just getting more and more expensive)? What about dating? I know that seems funny but it costs money ;)

paid all cash for all my schooling this year, around 3k in the end and after this semester i only have three semesters left so about 4-5k left for school total, i got fucked by uncle sam and financial aid, hoping that doesnt happen again this year, just bought my books, good in that department, dating, haha, yea right if any girl was remotely interested in me maybe, as of right now im good in that area, im not saying im for sure getting a jetta, im just shopping around getting opinions and personal experiences, i just know im going to need to get a new car soon, my car as of right now is almost 20yrs old, it only has 63k on it, but since its so fucking old and was poorly maintained it feels like it has 163k, i got it from some guy who bought in from an 86 yr old lady.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info