Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
might sound mean, but its probably a 15 second car....i had a 91 rs w/ the 305, sounded mean, looked nice but was slower than a turn rolling uphill....do yourself a favor and get something newer

shit, buy a dsm...it might break but they're easy enough to fix

or get a 240 w/ a sr swap....those can be had for under 8gs

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
dont rely on internet quotes...call up the companies and get a real quote. shop around

yea i do that to get a ballpark estimate, i just dont like calling to get a quote, i do it so often, but yea i know the internet numbers are fudged on avg at least $40, geico wanted $150 for liability on my lumina, and i pay $92 with my company

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
u could always do what i did when i was younger....have the performance car be under a parent and you on one of their cars..i was the primary on my moms van for awhile and she was on the camaro...but that all changed after i got my first car loan, got booted off....just a thought tho

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
im not looking for something like that tho, if i wanted that, i would buy a camaro, spray and stall it, low 13's high 12's easy right there, but i want a fun DD, that gets good mpgs, and doesnt look bad, srt 4 my bros buddy had one nothing but issues with it, its still a neon, not a fan. and im just looking for intake exhaust on the jetta, shouldnt be more than a grand

something as simple as a serp. belt is a pain in the ass. stuff like that you may want to consider.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I told you man, Geico. Funny thing is, I have all my coverages on both cars maxed out too and it's still that cheap. I do have a $1000 deductible though, but I don't plan on getting in too many accidents.

Ahh, makes a bit more sense why its so cheap now. Dont get me wrong, that rate is still awesome, but the deductible explains it some. Id expect with a lower deductable you would be paying probably close to $1500.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Who the fuck you go through im like 1100 a year with my Lexus im 25 with a perfect record.

Oh, and, most people don't realize, but insuring 2 cars is usually just as cheap as insuring one car. Just because you own more than one car doesn't mean you increase your chances of making a claim. You can only drive one car at a time. The M3 is cheaper to insure than my Camaro because I have it on my insurance as an occassional car with about 6k miles per year. Never drive it to work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info