whats wrong with this picture.............

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
Man deviant you are a scholar. You are right, I wish I went to college to get a better education. If only I could be as smart as you. Your opinion is gospel. OMG these people are arguing for a better wage and these billion dollar companies will instantly crumble. It is simple economics really.

This is just logic here, but maybe they do not expect $15 an hour. Perhaps they are trying to negotiate a better wage and are starting high knowing that if they ask for $10 that they will get under that. You do know what negotiation is right?

I guess I am different because I do not look at a picture of black people and immediately think they are all non-working low level pieces of shit that feel that they are entitled to something.

wait a cotton picking minute...........your not black????? :ugh::ugh:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
A good portion of fast food restaurants are franchises and small businesses. Seriously, you need to read up before you start trolling.

These protests are from my understanding related to large national chains, so any argument in regards to a non-franchise small fast food business is moot. As far as the franchises are concerned in a sense they are a small business, but they do not carry the same risks as a regular small business. In a sense they have a proven formula to operate from and operate within the guidelines of the franchiser. Those guidelines are very strict and the franchisee must adhere to those guidelines to maintain continuity of the chain. Fast food chains, at least the big ones in which these strikes are happening are very successful and unless you pick a terrible location will do well.

I do not think that someone who flips burgers deserves a crazy hourly wage, but if they want to strike about it they can. I am not sure how successful they will be considering the fact that they their job is not skilled labor and they can be easily replaced, especially in a bad job market.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I do not think that someone who flips burgers deserves a crazy hourly wage, but if they want to strike about it they can. I am not sure how successful they will be considering the fact that they their job is not skilled labor and they can be easily replaced, especially in a bad job market.

I mostly agree, these people are in no position to strike. Stiking is only successful if you have leverage. The strikers are just going to lose money and get replaced.

Striking is ridiculous. If I went on strike for higher wages, I would get fired and then they would replace me. I have no one to blame but myself if I think I'm getting cheated out of money. I should just go find another job that pays well.

And not to mention that I have a family, it would be pretty irresponsible of me to just not go to work and have no income to take care of my family. That is thinking like a grade schooler.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
All I'm going to say is, if their job is truly worth $15/hr, why would a ton of people being knocking at the door willing to work for $8.75/hr? Large food industry corporations don't need to pay these people any more than they are paying them now, because plain and simple, their job is NOT skilled. It would take less than 24 hours to find a qualified replacement that would be able to do the same job, and nearly half the price they are demanding.

I said it before in the other thread, fire all these people and hire people that actually want to work. Most of those people will be glad to be even in a job. There is a large portion of this country that has no work ethic and no drive. They feel that having a job at McDonald's entitles them to a lifestyle commensurate with jobs of skilled laborers. That is just not going to happen. If you work at McDonald's and have a family, you should not be able to afford cell phones, flat screens, satellite TV, maybe even cars. You are making enough to support just enough to sustain your family, this means essentials groceries and essential housing. You should be able to afford bread, eggs, milk, cereal, not pop, vodka, steak, etc.

These people are talking about getting a fair wage, how is this fair when there are people all over the country that have gone to school gotten a great education, and are stuck working at the GAP or working as a temp at a corporation for minimum wage?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
You're only worth what someone is willing to pay. Some people are going to get lucky and wind up in a job with higher than average pay in their field, most are going to be middle of the road, and a few are getting fucked. Being underpaid should be all the motivation you need to get off your ass and doing something about it. If the wages were completely unfair, no one would be working. the corporations would be forced to up the pay and attract new "talent"

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
It sucks right now, because there are a ton of workers looking for jobs, and companies can get away with paying workers shitty, and treating them pretty shitty. Because they know there are tons and tons of people that are just willing to be in a job. Unless you can set yourself apart, make yourself indispensable, or have a specialized skill, you are doomed to get shit on for the foreseeable future.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Unfortunately I bet you if the managers/regional managers tried to fire them, they'd all scream racism.

And greasy, you say you don't understand when people look at that picture, they immediately think they're low lives. Let me just ask you a question then. Why did they make it a point to take a picture of ONLY black strikers? While that doesn't excuse prejudice thinking, you can't help but get the impression of it while they're demanding $15/h for a job fit for a 15 year old and the picture just happens to be ONLY black people.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
And I agree with you. The racism is getting out of control but when the vast majority far outweigh the good minority, you can try all you want to ignore it but it's still there. When the majority stops screaming "racism" because they're being preached to that all their life they are "victims", I will gladly change my views about said MAJORITY. I don't have this view about ALL black people as I know there are great people out there. Much like that video of that guy who has no arms but is an engineer for a race team. I would bet you everything I own if you went and talked to him about his own race and the majority/minority, he would say the exact same thing much like every other upstanding black person I've met.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
You mean the very right wing media took that picture. I'm sure the demographic in that picture represents a very small if not insignificant number of the workers wanting to strike.

How can you possibly pull from my statement that I am suggesting the right wing media took that picture? The media took that picture, someone who's works in the media field.

I am sure there are a ton of black people that work in the fast food industry, who cares if they are black. Now we are complaining about black people who work too? I thought we only complained about the non-working black people on this site who live off of welfare.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
And I agree with you. The racism is getting out of control but when the vast majority far outweigh the good minority, you can try all you want to ignore it but it's still there. When the majority stops screaming "racism" because they're being preached to that all their life they are "victims", I will gladly change my views about said MAJORITY. I don't have this view about ALL black people as I know there are great people out there. Much like that video of that guy who has no arms but is an engineer for a race team. I would bet you everything I own if you went and talked to him about his own race and the majority/minority, he would say the exact same thing much like every other upstanding black person I've met.

I am aware of the stereotypes that go along with the black race and yes many are true. I have not always been an angel with my thoughts and when I was younger I had some racist views. Most of it was just joking on my part, but I have grown as a person and in my views. I have realized it is stupid and I like to judge people on an individual level. Racism exists on both sides of the fence and it perpetuates antiquated ways of thinking. I agree it is upon nobody else, but black people to change their stereotypes that plague them. For whatever reason, I am sure a lot has to do with Obama, but we seem to be moving backwards in removing racism in this country.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
jon-popcorn.gif

This just got even better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info