Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Dayum. We’re they giving away free burgers?

No idea. Might be normal for this location as we spotted a remote pickup place across the parking lot.

DB6A636C-B045-4856-80EF-A2B01834C1FD.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
GIANT chimichanga from North of the Border in Bartlett (I’m so full it hurts), wife and son had chicken quesadillas and my son was introduced to fried ice cream for the first time. When they brought it out “Guys……..what is THAT?!?” My wife “That’s fried ice cream (sons eyes light up), it’s ice cream with like a cookie around it with chocolate and cinnamon sugar.” Kid digs in with his spoon, takes a bite and lets out “OOOHHHH MY GAAAWWWWDDDDDD this is amazing!!! This is the best ice cream ever, we’re coming back tomorrow right? Can we have dinner here on Easter?”

TONS of sugar pumping through this kid but he earns it. He’s a sweetheart, does great in school, all his classmates love him and he’s a great kid. Plus he wiped out at school and got a nasty scratch on his cheek.

1A50A19A-CABA-462D-B6DD-F41F4A5E3A8D.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
GIANT chimichanga from North of the Border in Bartlett (I’m so full it hurts), wife and son had chicken quesadillas and my son was introduced to fried ice cream for the first time. When they brought it out “Guys……..what is THAT?!?” My wife “That’s fried ice cream (sons eyes light up), it’s ice cream with like a cookie around it with chocolate and cinnamon sugar.” Kid digs in with his spoon, takes a bite and lets out “OOOHHHH MY GAAAWWWWDDDDDD this is amazing!!! This is the best ice cream ever, we’re coming back tomorrow right? Can we have dinner here on Easter?”

TONS of sugar pumping through this kid but he earns it. He’s a sweetheart, does great in school, all his classmates love him and he’s a great kid. Plus he wiped out at school and got a nasty scratch on his cheek.

View attachment 158330
Had that ice cream at Sammy’s on Lake st, ????

Reactions: SMRTSS1

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Had that ice cream at Sammy’s on Lake st, ????
Elgin or Roselle? I refuse to go back to the one in Elgin. Apparently a friend of the owner frequents the Elgin one and feels it’s his duty to make obscene comments about good looking women. I felt it was my duty to almost break his arm and clean the wall with his face after my wife went to the bathroom and he tried grabbing her.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Elgin or Roselle? I refuse to go back to the one in Elgin. Apparently a friend of the owner frequents the Elgin one and feels it’s his duty to make obscene comments about good looking women. I felt it was my duty to almost break his arm and clean the wall with his face after my wife went to the bathroom and he tried grabbing her.
Roselle, never been to the one in Elgin

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
PXL_20230407_123509819.jpeg

PXL_20230407_123513497.jpeg

really good starter bread not pictured; australian beef (you don't want thai) - grilled flank steak, dirty rice (best i've had), and gnocchi with bacon/onion/tomatoes/peanuts/parmesean along with a coke zero and a side of garlic butter. with tip, 825 thb or about $24.18. $1.76 was for the garlic butter which i didn't need/wouldn't get next time. everything was good, although i don't go here often, it is the most expensive place i ever go as well.

yesterday i had the "swede of the week" at a swedish owned restaurant. beef rydberg, which is some kind of beef/potatoes/onion dish with a yolk. had with a soda water and lime. iirc it was 500 thb about $14.65.

PXL_20230406_105315184.jpeg

BoNuS CaT PiCs!!!!1

for dessert you get bonus pictures from my recent happenings, which is a mama cat at our villa having some bebeeees. she had 5 but 1 didn't make it. so pictured is mama with 4 tiny furry sausages. she is very sweet. i don't see cats this color/light most anywhere, and let me tell you tcg, sickmint79 has pet many an international cat. not typical for thai cats either. what is typically is funky tails from some genetics, although the babies are too young for any of that to develop yet. it is pretty common for thai cats to have kinked or strangely formed tails at the end.

PXL_20230406_112453451.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Pretty much a Quesadilla taco. Freshly made marinade for the meat (carne asada), and the salsa was also made fresh. The wife also made rice and beans (her Mexican white rice is ?). We both cooked this meal together.

I would have taken a couple more pics of the entire thing but I pretty much ate it all at this point. This is the 3rd taco before I ate it.
20230408_181700.jpg

Thread Info