đź’¬ OT what made you say FUCK YEA! today???

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I just bought the big daddy impact on the advice of the yellow bullet and it was frigging awesome.
I bought all new tires for my RV and it ripped those bitches off in a split second.
I was shocked how strong a cordless tool could be, I put those on with my big gun at the shop!!

Good luck with the new money pit, OOOOPS home!!

My brother bought one of the Milwaukee impact drivers where it connects to an app where you can adjust the torque and even save "profiles" if there are jobs that you constantly do and need certain torque settings for. We used it the most when working on my car stripping down the motor.

Reactions: DanJ and DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
My big Milwaukee takes anything lose.
KZLtdev.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This gun has removed a dozen ball joints. And even the top castle nut which is a 32mm, rusted solid, and with a broken cotter pin still present. That's enough for me. Then the guns goes on a screw clamp and presses f550 ball joints out. When those joints move 1/4 in it sounds like a handgun going off. Gun just takes it and walks it out.

Reactions: DanJ and importcrew

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I just bought the big daddy impact on the advice of the yellow bullet and it was frigging awesome.
I bought all new tires for my RV and it ripped those bitches off in a split second.
I was shocked how strong a cordless tool could be, I put those on with my big gun at the shop!!

Good luck with the new money pit, OOOOPS home!!

My brother got the big guy too right before he quit towing. Was surprised it had the oomph to take truck wheels off.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
rack mount PC case shows up today! Then I get to transport my NAS from a full tower to a racked setup

:fy:

cant wait
I love my Norco 4224 case. Makes it so easy any time I have to deal with the drives.

if I'm swapping drives I put the new drive in an empty bay, replace, and yank the old drive.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I love my Norco 4224 case. Makes it so easy any time I have to deal with the drives.

if I'm swapping drives I put the new drive in an empty bay, replace, and yank the old drive.
unfortunately I didnt want to spend the money for a front loader :rofl: I could add one in.

This is a temporary NAS in a sense... temporary being a couple years lol. The plan is to eventually upgrade the dell server with 2.5" SSDs large enough for everything I need for the next say 5 years.

Then get a second server and clone the first, and run proxmox in a failover setup. So I could lose a whole server and nothing stops running.

This case will then become the rackmount gaming unit.

its just a Rosewill 4u model RSV-R4100

1591026501107.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
No way I could afford SSD to replace my near 90TB of data. Considering future growth with 1080p and 4k files, I'm going to be on skinny until they come up with holographic storage.
yeah I am only around 6-7 TB with NAS, PLEX and NVR storage for a week and it doesnt grow that quickly currently. That is doable with SSD for reasonable prices, especially in the next couple years.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I'm getting my patio done. A lot of small hoops to jump through in order to get it going. One being the HOA.
Buy a big Fuck Yeah to them though. I submitted all my documents to the HOA this past Friday night. I got my approval letter yesterday, early afternoon.
I was expecting at least a week before I was sent over my approval.
Pingree Grove already has my permit ready and was just waiting for this letter. Hopefully I can get this scheduled to be done well before the end of the month.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Actually Tuesday, not today.

I have accepted a new job. It is a step back, but I'm ok with that. It's a small, growing company (something new to me...), and I report basically directly to the CFO. So there is room for growth (position and responsibility as the place grows) and a place to retire with.

Looks like I will be starting in the 27th.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Actually Tuesday, not today.

I have accepted a new job. It is a step back, but I'm ok with that. It's a small, growing company (something new to me...), and I report basically directly to the CFO. So there is room for growth (position and responsibility as the place grows) and a place to retire with.

Looks like I will be starting in the 27th.

i suspect for salary/time you will be ahead. much congrats they hooked a good guy.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Yes. It's still FP&A, but the mindset of "if a store is open, you should be working..." is not the case here.

I was told the annual Christmas party the owner pays for the hotel for everyone, 4% to your 401k, medical and dental for me is paid in full by the company, bonus, etc...
Sounds like you will be happier! I'm glad you made it off the Titanic!

Thread Info