đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I knew it and yes I did, auto program as well.
Nice! Yeah, I went there from 2010 - '14, so I had two years at the old campus and two years at the new TEC. The old place had a lot more charm and I think the learning quality was better there too. Oh well. I'm starting to wonder if the entire school can survive now. I heard enrollment went below 10k this year.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
Nice! Yeah, I went there from 2010 - '14, so I had two years at the old campus and two years at the new TEC. The old place had a lot more charm and I think the learning quality was better there too. Oh well. I'm starting to wonder if the entire school can survive now. I heard enrollment went below 10k this year.

Nice, I graduated in 08 so never got a chance to take classes at the new campus but I have toured it. There was definitely some charm to the old buildings, both good and bad, but the new campus is just light years ahead. What do you think made the learning quality better at the old campus? Interesting comment.

Enrollment is a big concern and I’m hoping they can get the ship righted, would hate to see the school close if it comes to that.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Oh hell yeah. You might know some of my co-workers then. The trouble with the new place in my opinion was that we were finally put under the spotlight. Although we were told that making a mess was okay, it really wasn't. The clean up processes were way too big of a PITA to be worth making a spill. Also, live work was pretty much banned. I don't know about you, but I learned much more trying to diagnose real life issues than I did with rust free cars and planned "bugs".

The old place was very crude, but we got down and dirty. If your car was messed up in a way that was relevant to the class it was ENCOURAGED to bring it in for a repair and discussion. Sure we were a little messy, but it's not like we were dumping oil in the weeds either.

Reactions: Jfrost

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
91 z28 350tpi. Had one bad injector that took down the entire passenger side injector bank. 69k miles and minty
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

IMG_20200331_094939.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'm planning to finish up some odds and ends at the house like a wall I haven't painted in 3 years, quarter round on the main floor and paint and install flooring in the upstairs bathrooms. Hopefully the housing market doesn't completely fuck it self in the next 4-6 months so I can get out.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I just went and found mine for 2019 then copy/pasted into this year’s. A few minor tweaks and sent it. Got fucked out of a promotion last year, gonna get fucked out of the same promotion this year. Minimal effort applied. :finger:

They changed the formatting. Fuckers. I actually updated a decent amount of stuff but man why the fuck they gotta do that shit?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Had to phone in for a waste of time meeting. Went fishing for about 4 hours.
Drinking beer and call of duty now :dunno:

Back to work tomorrow.
Been back full time since Monday. A bunch of busy work and the only other guy in the office is working from home because he says his wife is sick. Being bored at work is slightly less shitty than being bored at work I guess. I just happy to still be getting a paycheck.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Worked on getting a clunk out of the wife’s vans suspension.

did outer tie rod ends, still there

Found center mounted spare loose, righted; still there.

changed swaybar end links, still there

snugged up strut mounts, still there

changed swaybar bushings; fixed!

I was ready to drive the thing off a cliff. Already did LCA’s, Struts, motor mounts when I did her trans last February.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Thread Info