đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
MEATeorite MEATeorite 466 has valve seats?

20200305_075449.jpg
20200305_075502.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So far:
-Poop
-Coffee
-Coffee induced poop
-Scheming which days I’m going to take off sick. There’s a bunch of important stuff happening at the moment unfortunately or I’d be home. Also unfortunately, I’m the only person who has a clue what happens here. I’d be shooting myself in the foot taking time off.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
More meetings with more new management brought in on this idiotic project, cause they have the memory retention of a goldfish and can't be bothered to read the summary emails that I send them. Including very simple screen captures and small words.

So I'll end up spending hours repeating everything I've been saying and emailing to them for the last two months. Covering all the ground, caveats, show stoppers, issues, etc, all over again for the umpteenth time. Oh, and they scheduled this shit in the middle of everyone's lunch hour. WTF?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Chevy did this to me on a "free" oil change after I got the truck. Before I left the dealer I looked under the truck to make sure they didn't fuck it up. I saw the head of the bolt wasn't flush to the oil pan. Grabbed the service manager and asked him to explain it. He couldn't. The "technician" cross-threaded the bolt then partially stripped it trying to "fix" it. They replaced the oil pan, gasket, and bolt.

Next time I bring it in for an oil change (still free) they pull my truck around and I'm BS'ing with the service writer (different bloke). Go to leave and see drips of oil under the truck. WTF? Writers says it's probably dripping from the filter change and some got on the block. No, no I don't think so, it's too far from the filter to be that. I get down and look, fucking mechanic barely, BARELY had the drain pan bolt in. Like almost one thread and the oil was dripping past it.

Grabbed the writer and told him to get his manager, as this was twice now they fucked up a simple oil change. I was so tempted to slide under and just take the bolt out and let the oil run all over their floor to prove my point. At no point, during either visit, did the truck leave their premises, so they couldn't blame me.

They offered me six more oil change coupons for the fuck up. Told them to fuck off, they've managed to screw up a simple oil change, twice. They're never touching my truck again, and they haven't.

I do my own changes, since they're easy enough. But I figured middle of winter, free oil change from dealer, why not?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
i'm trying to get a 50% deposit for an $18k order.

old and rare machine, long lead time parts = deposit requited regardless of company credit.

customer says, well we don't make down payments / deposits on ANYTHING.

well then, you're not getting the parts.

they are seeing what they can do.

giphy.gif

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Finished up Google Cloud Training on Linux Academy. I want to go through the Google stuff then take the test.

Other than that been trying to get a RAID Group in the lab to rebuild. Keeps shitting the disk out. I hit "yes" when it asked about maybe corrupting the disks. That seemed to fix it though. :rofl:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
i'm trying to get a 50% deposit for an $18k order.

old and rare machine, long lead time parts = deposit requited regardless of company credit.

customer says, well we don't make down payments / deposits on ANYTHING.

well then, you're not getting the parts.

they are seeing what they can do.

giphy.gif

they just called me. They will be making the deposit.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Never seen one warp at the turbo flange of the manifold. Reused the nuts and studs? Navistar reman?
MEATeorite MEATeorite

ALRIGHT , WHAT THE FUCK is going on here. This was a brand new turbo my guy put on, it came back a month later with no gasket inbetween manifold and turbo and turbo was loose cause of it... We redid the job and IT'S FUCKING BACK AGAIN?

Does the manifold warp on these?

View attachment 52657

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Assuming you guys using Navistar turbo gasket that comes with the turbo mount kit? Those are really thick, hard to imagine them egging the stud holes enough for it to completely come out. Weird, man.

If you replace the studs on the manifold, they prob wont come out without some heat and double nutting them.

Im curious to what you find. Thats a weird one.
New hardware Everytime. New turbo probably by us

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thread Info