💬 OT What are you working on today?!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
DEETAILS please
We run this:

But here’s a nice little thread utilizing their even smaller blaster, plus details for the vacuum and such:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Sand is small enough to clean the cat channels too!
2 birds, one highly pulverized stone.

pin the throttle and dump the sand directly into the intake. It'll clean the valves all at once. Big time saver, 10/10 I do it to every shitty carboned up DI car that rolls in

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
2 days later when some dumbass reads that and dumps literal sand down the throttle and the rings end up fucking zooted 😂😂😂
Sport Racing GIF by NASCAR

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
Chicken or the egg, what's your thoughts?
I see a lot of lifters for pitting causing misfires, with no physical damage on the camshaft lobes. I’ve also seen several cams with a big chunk missing on the lobe, and no damage to the roller on the lifter.

I think all these parts they’re building them with is junk. It’s typical GM sourcing for the cheapest possible parts as usual. Luck of the draw when you buy one of these. Some last forever. Some don’t make it past 10k miles.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I see a lot of lifters for pitting causing misfires, with no physical damage on the camshaft lobes. I’ve also seen several cams with a big chunk missing on the lobe, and no damage to the roller on the lifter.

I think all these parts they’re building them with is junk. It’s typical GM sourcing for the cheapest possible parts as usual. Luck of the draw when you buy one of these. Some last forever. Some don’t make it past 10k miles.
Because lifter/cam failure is what I see on 6.0/6.4 as well, I've never seen a chip like that but I've had them worn and mushroomed so far you can't remove the lifter from the bore... Every single one of these engines will fail at some point from this.

I can't tell who goes first but sounds like your same situation.

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
I was tasked with recontrolling this crusty old bitch of a pool room dehumidification unit.
2CA66D01-AE4D-470E-9564-B2CD27A8C0E3.jpeg

Apparently the controls have been giving them issues and they haven’t been able to maintain temp/humidity. The unit is about 25% operational as is, so I opted to just wire the blowers to run full time and control the compressors off a stand-alone controller.
1426499A-9778-4CC2-889F-672C901C2215.jpeg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Second turtle habitat is getting expensive, but turning out so good.
1000006324.jpg

1000006682.jpg

I tend not to listen to the turtle groups at all when it comes to building materials because the nonsense they come up with definitely displays their level of handy work. However, one guy brought up a great point regarding the basking lamp fixture. Most heat lamps or flood lights have ceramic bulb bases. This one I saved from our kitchen remodel may burn up. I hope it doesn't because I like the way everything looks so far.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Lca's on a Passat. I seem to do these somewhat frequently and I think it's because you gotta drop the cradle down some and weasel the trans up some to get this bolt out on the driver side. When they go out it feels like the it's just straight up missing a motor mount and it can get kinda violent under the hood so fairly often these are flip cars somebody passed on fixing.
Screenshot_20240220_195857_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: rocco

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Lca's on a Passat. I seem to do these somewhat frequently and I think it's because you gotta drop the cradle down some and weasel the trans up some to get this bolt out on the driver side. When they go out it feels like the it's just straight up missing a motor mount and it can get kinda violent under the hood so fairly often these are flip cars somebody passed on fixing.
View attachment 197653
Reminds me of doing fiberglass leaf swaps on Astro Vans. Gotta drop the gas tank on the driver's side. Either that your cut the bolts, do an ever so slight dimple on the outer part and put them back the opposite way.

• Haha
Reactions: sktchy

Thread Info