💬 OT What are you working on today?!

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
View attachment 196034
Old junk BDP(carrier) from 1992.
This system is still a basket case even after replacing it, that’s beyond my scope though.

Cape cod style house, at some point some moron moved the furnace to the second floor and jammed it into this closet. Ducting is basically non existent in the house. 100k single stage furnace which is enough for an average built 3000sqft house. This place is about 1000sqft.

Put in an 80k two stage and programmed the stat to keep the second stage from firing unless there’s a 3 degree difference between set point and room temp. Should never have a problem keeping up even in low stage (42k output)
What's your suggestion if a guy probably needs to replace just a heat pump? Furnace inside and compressor work fine but Im burning up a fan motor outside like every year now.

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
sktchy sktchy what is it? If it’s a basic heat pump system and not an inverter there are only a couple things that could be causing fan motors to fail so frequently. I’m personally not a fan of dual speed condenser fan motors, and I’m not a fan of fan cycling switches unless they’re necessary.

My first guess would be the blade and motor are mismatched and it’s overamping.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
sktchy sktchy what is it? If it’s a basic heat pump system and not an inverter there are only a couple things that could be causing fan motors to fail so frequently. I’m personally not a fan of dual speed condenser fan motors, and I’m not a fan of fan cycling switches unless they’re necessary.

My first guess would be the blade and motor are mismatched and it’s overamping.
Well the blades definitely not balanced anymore after changing the motor a few times that's not helping. But the top grate is all cracked from it and I braced it with an old fridge grate. Trying to decide if it's worth just finding a whole different unit at this point even though compressor works fine. But also can't get anybody to come charge it either

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Spent some time chasing a running poor condition along with a couple knock sensor codes on a 5th gen Camaro RS this morning. Got down to chasing the harness and the local quick lube guys squished 3 different wires together so hard in the filter housing it fused the plastics together and I had to cut it all out, I kinda like when those guys do their thing.

Pay Day Money GIF

Thread Info