đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Damn, only 4,000 miles on the clutch fluid.

20240201_132240.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Seal and rust particulates are kept in suspension but still settle into the reservoir bottom and get stirred up with new fluid.

I usually wedge pedal down and use syringe to suck n squirt to agitate and extract that crap, fill nsuck n fill n suck n fill an then release pedal to blow anything you got into the orifices into the res for one last suckout before filling and flushing the lines/bleeding.

This is the way

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Seal and rust particulates are kept in suspension but still settle into the reservoir bottom and get stirred up with new fluid.

I usually wedge pedal down and use syringe to suck n squirt to agitate and extract that crap, fill nsuck n fill n suck n fill an then release pedal to blow anything you got into the orifices into the res for one last suckout before filling and flushing the lines/bleeding.

This is the way
I actually used the advanced ranger method.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I finally got un-lazy and strted cleaning up my nightmare of a grarage. It was really about as bad as its ever been, and I have been putting off cleaning it up for months. I have also been stock piling a bunch of stuff for the "remodel" project and I need to get that going before I get burried in Sick Summer prep. To give you some idea how bad it was, here is a pic of just tools that are in cases that were all over the garage. Actually there were a few more after this pic, but you get the idea.

i-Cfqzssf-X4.jpg

Most of my tools in cases were still on shelves in the basement, so to have this many floating around the garage was crazy.

This has got to be the cleanest my bench has been since I moved in. I kocked off any sharp points or weld splatter. then scrubbed it with scotch brite and WD40, and cleaned it with brake clean.
i-B4HMsSx-X4.jpg

Maybe even more inpressive than this, was cleaning off the top of my tool box. This has been just a collector of shit forever, and basucally never gets cleared off.
i-jzhN29f-X4.jpg

While I was hyper focused on small projects, my wife was cleaning are aound the door to the house. A lot of the tools in cases were collecting around here. The top of that tool box was just a collection point for all kinds of crap. It probably doesnt look all that clean to anyone who hasn't seen it in a while but its a massive change.
i-tpCgd3g-X4.jpg

Besides getting a good start on cleaning everything up I also worked out a lot of what I am going to change around. I had my garage in Elgin pretty dialed by the time we left. This garage has always just been a mess because I never spent any time on organizing or anything else. Hopefully soon I will really start on the big overhaul, and when I do I will start a new thread. For now I was just happy to put a dent in this mess.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
IMG_3905.jpeg
Old junk BDP(carrier) from 1992.
This system is still a basket case even after replacing it, that’s beyond my scope though.

Cape cod style house, at some point some moron moved the furnace to the second floor and jammed it into this closet. Ducting is basically non existent in the house. 100k single stage furnace which is enough for an average built 3000sqft house. This place is about 1000sqft.

Put in an 80k two stage and programmed the stat to keep the second stage from firing unless there’s a 3 degree difference between set point and room temp. Should never have a problem keeping up even in low stage (42k output)

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Post the before too. Looked like shit and now looks all nice and fancy. How'd the new brake work out for you?
Brake worked great. Don’t have room for it in the van with all the crap I had to haul. The only metal work that needed to be done for this job was a small transition between the old plenum and new A coil which is easily site fabbed with hand tools anyways.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Brake worked great. Don’t have room for it in the van with all the crap I had to haul. The only metal work that needed to be done for this job was a small transition between the old plenum and new A coil which is easily site fabbed with hand tools anyways.
Might end up giving you a call sometime to work on fabbing up a new intake for my furnace, really want to put an intake/filter combo in the wall and tie that into the system if possible.... The entire area is really cramped though is the hard part.

Realistically might need to replace the furnace itself, and possibly make it higher so a whole house humidifier could fit on the duct work below it, but not sure if theres even enough room for that.

I'll have to get you a picture one day to see what you think.

Thread Info