🏡 Better Homes Utility bill pity party.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Electric is $300 and gas $120. Fucking electric heat in half the house is brutal. Definitely looking at some solar roof deals this year once the new roof is done.
thought about it, but im in a older neighborhood with trees shading. and i havent read into the finacial portion of it enough yet.. like a lot of places say "its free, do it!" but it really isnt.. i dont want ot be out 10g to wait 10 years for a return...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
$100 cheaper that last month. Just stupid.
863B4D22-357F-4010-9D12-54232A88006E.jpeg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I had some guy on FB complaining about his gas bill being $100-$120 hirer the last few months. I posted up that mines a bit hire but has been steady overall and I keep my house at 69F all winter long. He proceeds to ask if I have any pets to which I reply yeah a dog. This fucking weirdo replies with I had a bird but it died. I kept my house at 60 and it was too cold and died. WTF? Thanks for the info there guy.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
We have only had the AC on maybe twice this year. As long as the house is staying under 76 or so during the day we don’t turn it on. At night I’ll kick it down to 70 to get the humidity out and shut it back off again. Bill has been $84 the last two months

A9B0AD4E-EEB0-4354-89B2-B3E4A853A7C3.png

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Do you have a lot of mature trees providing shade? I usually can go a day or two once it gets hot if I keep the house sealed up before I have to run AC. I’m crazy about opening the windows when it’s cool out and then shutting them when it gets hot. My wife not so much, she sees no problem with just running the AC whenever because “we can afford it”. Yea we can, but I’d rather not.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
We have only had the AC on maybe twice this year. As long as the house is staying under 76 or so during the day we don’t turn it on. At night I’ll kick it down to 70 to get the humidity out and shut it back off again. Bill has been $84 the last two months

View attachment 122206
So you're one of my neighbors that has the low ass ratings.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Do you have a lot of mature trees providing shade? I usually can go a day or two once it gets hot if I keep the house sealed up before I have to run AC. I’m crazy about opening the windows when it’s cool out and then shutting them when it gets hot. My wife not so much, she sees no problem with just running the AC whenever because “we can afford it”. Yea we can, but I’d rather not.
No real shade for me.

Also still need to get some screens for some of our windows so that’s kinda “out the window”.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

View attachment 122206
The ol "make your house an energy battery"

I do the same, set it to 69/70 at night, set it to 74 during the day. AC usually doesn't kick on til the afternoon after the house was in the sun all day. We get zero shade.

Sometimes it can go til 6-7pm til it kicks on. The goal is to run the AC off peak hours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info