im okay with this.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Do you have a lot of mature trees providing shade? I usually can go a day or two once it gets hot if I keep the house sealed up before I have to run AC. I’m crazy about opening the windows when it’s cool out and then shutting them when it gets hot. My wife not so much, she sees no problem with just running the AC whenever because “we can afford it”. Yea we can, but I’d rather not.
I’ve got a tree line of 60-80’ tall trees to the west. So full sun until 4ish this time of year

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think ComEd is full of shit. My attached neighbor keeps her house at like 68°, and my other neighbor is cooling two floors with a 30 year old compressor that runs 24/7 when it's above 78° outside.
1654891317828.png

I'd be curious is finding out what is supposedly using a lot of power in my house.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I think ComEd is full of shit. My attached neighbor keeps her house at like 68°, and my other neighbor is cooling two floors with a 30 year old compressor that runs 24/7 when it's above 78° outside.
View attachment 122239

I'd be curious is finding out what is supposedly using a lot of power in my house.
Just compare there’s directly to yours. Guaranteed it’s a scam

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I’m still paying $.38 per therm, guaranteed for three more years. I signed up for that rate when Nicor was at $.28 per therm
If anyone actually wants cheaper gas, hit me up. I’m selling for $.89 per therm till Tuesday. Tuesday I think we go to $.94. The rate is good for 3 or five years and there is no early termination fee so if the utility drops there is no penalty to cancel and go back.
I’m fact, I’ll just drop one of my guys webpages. You can check out the rates and sign up right online.

In July I should be offering community solar which will be a guaranteed 10% of ComEds supply rate. Until then I can’t help with electric. Community solar is a no brainer. ComEd is terrible to deal with so the only downside right now is you end up with two bills, but at least your guaranteed to save. The two bill thing will be going away soon. I’m already signed up for it cause my home is no good for roof top.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’m still paying $.38 per therm, guaranteed for three more years. I signed up for that rate when Nicor was at $.28 per therm
If anyone actually wants cheaper gas, hit me up. I’m selling for $.89 per therm till Tuesday. Tuesday I think we go to $.94. The rate is good for 3 or five years and there is no early termination fee so if the utility drops there is no penalty to cancel and go back.
I’m fact, I’ll just drop one of my guys webpages. You can check out the rates and sign up right online.

In July I should be offering community solar which will be a guaranteed 10% of ComEds supply rate. Until then I can’t help with electric. Community solar is a no brainer. ComEd is terrible to deal with so the only downside right now is you end up with two bills, but at least your guaranteed to save. The two bill thing will be going away soon. I’m already signed up for it cause my home is no good for roof top.
iheartradio music awards GIF by iHeartRadio

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Got the house down to 68 this morning with the windows open then shut them and set the air to 74. AC hasn’t ran yet and it’s almost 5 so that’s not bad. Going to try getting it down to 70 in the middle of the night and then scheduling it to 74 in the morning and see how that goes.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i shoulda done this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info