🏡 Better Homes Utility bill pity party.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Here are my gas and electricity bills. They are higher than they've ever been, but not absurd. House is a 1,400 square foot ranch with a full finished basement (bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, living room down there), so really around 2,800 square feet of living space.

This is with six of us living in the home.

Gas:
Screenshot_20220210-140405~2.jpg

Electricity:
Screenshot_20220210-140754.jpg

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
Nicor this month $140. Until this year my highest ever was in the $90s.
ComEd $110.
Tstat is upstairs i have it set at 68, 66 in eco mode or sleeping. Downstairs is chilly but I have 1 electric fireplace and 2 space heaters that will warm it up. Use those while making dinner and in morning before work., or watching sports/movies. I work in a warehouse so I am used to temps in the mid/high 50s.
Neighbors Tstat is downstairs they keep that at 68. Their Nicor was $248. Both places 1700sq/ft. Same temp setting but different floor is a $100 difference.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Electric?
All electric no gas. Trying to figure out where the energy is going. Two circuits draw most of the power. One is my shop, but even when everything is off, it's still pulling a decent amount. Second circuit says AC, but I know it controls the baseboard heater in the living room which I don't think works well. I switched off all unnecessary circuits until I can figure out the issue.
I also barely live in this house right now.
LMFAO...

Gotta pay to play.

Big house big money
My house is 1700 sq/ ft. :( Built in the 80s.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
All electric no gas. Trying to figure out where the energy is going. Two circuits draw most of the power. One is my shop, but even when everything is off, it's still pulling a decent amount. Second circuit says AC, but I know it controls the baseboard heater in the living room which I don't think works well. I switched off all unnecessary circuits until I can figure out the issue.
I also barely live in this house right now.

My house is 1700 sq/ ft. :(

1700 Mf

giphy.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Air seal
Insulate
Install a heat pump

I was actually going to post up something about sealing your house, and this is a good start. I also think I need to confirm my ducts are sealed cause my basement ducts will blow out not too warm of air with the heat on. Wondering if its getting lost somewhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info