Uh-oh Tesla

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
@Tesla biggest supercharger at Kettleman city, Ca, around 40 chargers but the line is 30 min. Long. Almost every supercharger from LA to SFO is backlogged. Tesla super charging network has not kept up. Spent more time charging than driving. No more long trips on Tesla.

At one station, five chargers were out of service

Not only were lines long, but many chargers were not functional over the holiday.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
1/2 mile long lines to charge your microwave :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nothing to see here, this is a tesla meet and all the owners of those six figure vehicles are s00per glad to be there waiting in line for hours before they can commence their 40 minute charge

Lmao

The fuck did they expect...every single tesla blowhard out there was probably jacked to drive to his family's house and spend the whole thanksgiving dinner talking about how he didn't have to fly or pay for gas. Of course the supercharger stations are backed up

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
fuck i dont know if i can think of a more annoying line of people than a line of tesla drivers waiting on superchargers in california.
LITERALLY

I'd have parked it and rented a car, any car, before I'd wait in that line

Look at this shit...you know the guy at the back of the line probably spent 4+ hours at that station before he got on his way

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Bottom line, teslas are not good roadtrip vehicles yet (charging adds hours to your trip, no one can dispute that), but for some reason everyone that owns one thinks road tripping it will be some bad ass experience.
been saying this for years

but then of course we get "IT'S NICE TO PULL OVER AND GET A SAMMICH WHILE THE CAR CHARGES OR SHOP "

:rofl: K

Last edited:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
been saying this for years

but then of course we get "IT'S NICE TO PULL OVER AND GET A SAMMICH WHILE THE CAR CHARGES OR SHOP "

:rofl: K

Yeah noooo thanks. Hate stopping, i think anyone does on a drive that long.

They should have a tesla cannonball run...it'd take 4 days and you'd go through $300 in food while dining at sit-down restaurants next to the charging station

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
sounds like i should be reserving tesla trucks currently.
3in12s.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I would love to see a Cannonball Run of Tesla’s [emoji23][emoji23]
For the hell of it I plugged in Times Square NYC-> Coliseum St. in LA in google and tesla trip planner. 41 hours on google, 54 hours on tesla trip planner with 18 stops to charge. I'd barely make it to Ohio before trading it in

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think this was the point I was trying to make with LastLS1 awhile back when we did nearly identical trips from the east coast back here to Chicago. The amount of time he wasted charging and "resting"... I was at home and in my own bed and gotten several hours of sleep.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
This happens every Thanksgiving and Christmas out here. The solution is more range. I used to have to stop twice to charge on the way to San Francisco in my Model S. With the 3 I can do the whole trip in one charge or stop at one charger for 10 minutes if I want a 50 - 100 mile buffer. 99.9% of the time it really is no big deal and with how quick charge times have come, it's even less of an inconvenience to supercharge now than it's ever been. The newer car has more range, is more efficient and charges at more than twice the speed as my first Model S.

The longer I own these cars the more I realize the best charging stop is no charging stop. You fix that with range and efficiency, two things Tesla has made huge advances on. In the meantime, I know not to travel on the day after Christmas just like I know not to drive home from Vegas to LA on a Sunday afternoon in any car. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info