🔧 BUILD Twincharged 3800 Malibu

General Information

Figured I’d finally start a build thread for this stupid thing seeing as how it’s 99% “done”. I’ll try to update with the backlog of pictures I have when I get the time, and I’ll do my best to answer questions.

I finally tracked down a pair of seats that match the oxblood interior for a decent price yesterday, and I’m very happy with how they mock up. These are 370Z 40th anniversary seats. I’ll have to build some pads/brackets for them, but that shouldn’t be a big deal.

AB67E24A-BCEB-42D1-B821-C2959F752DF9.jpeg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Funny you should mention this because I've been working on making something like that myself the last few weeks lol
This is an early design that has a couple kinks but I think I'm getting close to something I could sell if people are interested.
YZHiWIb.jpeg

If this works out you wouldn't need a cam sensor to get the engine to fire if you use batch injection I believe since it has a missing tooth. Both are supported by the Holley and then with our cranks if there's an issue and you want to go back to the 3x signal you'd still be able to do that.
Thats Hot GIF by Paris Hilton

• Haha
Reactions: ASlowV6 and bs009

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
Took some time to see what my outputs are doing. I forgot that when I initially wired this Volvo fan in I ran the signal wire through a relay so it wouldn’t back feed the ECU when the car was off. Took me a minute to remember to put a relay in that spot. Once I did that it worked fantastic. This thing moves some serious air.

B1BB777F-D33A-45C3-85EE-C5DA8C7CFE96.jpeg

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
Gravity bleeding my brakes/drinking beer and finally decided it was time to do something about my sagging headliner. I don’t have the skill set or the desire to refinish it, so I’m just ripping it out for now.

4B370D03-C772-490C-A543-C43858FD0307.jpeg

I scraped and vacuumed, and by vacuumed I mean “aerosolized and blew all over my garage because I forgot I had the filter out of my shop vac”

366F5238-1EBC-4486-B25D-1B0F13872CA3.jpeg

I’m happy with how it looks all cleaned up though. I highly doubt I’ll ever actually do anything about it.

4F459F6A-4B1F-4CB8-9195-71C04442ED8C.jpeg

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
That headliner removal didn't turn out too bad, you convinced me it'll be okay to do that to mine now haha
I've had push pins in mine for like 10 years now and the dust coming from it really just adds another lay of frustration to road trips that would be nice to not have anymore lol. I thought about just pulling it down many many times but was worried it would look really patchy and spotty underneath it 😆

Reactions: v6buicks

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
bs009 bs009 yeah I felt like anything I did would just be lipstick on a pig. I scraped it and then took a coarse brush to it to knock the remaining shmoo off. There’s one little stain, but overall it looks super clean.

Spray glue and cover the headboard with aluminium foil

Maybe the aluminized insulation stuff. Between the lack of air conditioning and rear windows that don’t roll down I’ll need all the help I can get keeping cool lol.

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
Spent the evening getting my ass kicked by this thing again. No start issue again. Cam and crank sensors 100% work. Verified with multimeter while turning engine over by hand, and with slow-mo video of a test light while cranking. Checked first at the sensor plugs and then at the ECU plug. Verified continuity between everything for the hell of it.

I’m getting no crank signal according to the Terminator X LED and no RPM signal. Tried reuploading the firmware, turning off the cam sensor and running in batch, resetting TPS calibration. No dice on anything. I emailed Holley. I hope they’ll tell me to send in the ECU for testing.

• Sad
Reactions: bs009

Thread Info