image%28132%29.jpg

This is probably my favorite mod and I've hardly used it yet

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I can't tell what is going on

the red wire goes to what controls the line pressure in the transmission, i ran it through a switch on the dash so when i flip the switch it defaults to max line pressure, it helps tighten up the converter due to flooding it with more fluid than normal, since zzp stalls were not really made for 5-600wtq mine flashes way higher than a 3k stall should and I think its costing me mph on the back half, and it shifts hard as fuck and thats cool too

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
the red wire goes to what controls the line pressure in the transmission, i ran it through a switch on the dash so when i flip the switch it defaults to max line pressure, it helps tighten up the converter due to flooding it with more fluid than normal, since zzp stalls were not really made for 5-600wtq mine flashes way higher than a 3k stall should and I think its costing me mph on the back half, and it shifts hard as fuck and thats cool too

Could also be done with performance shift mode. I have mine disable 3rd gear and up the pressures. Not sure if you can do that on the 04+ though.

I do like the simple toggle switch though.....

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
im not sure that the pcm can command pressure as high as it goes when you just turn off the power to the switch, supposedly the zzp drag car just has the wire cut off to the pressure control, and the prj red drag car has it hooked to a switch like i do, i imagine if it could be controlled the same through the pcm they would do it that way since they are both very smart with tuning, i however am not lol so i dont know this just seemed easy

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
And I think the second pump is taking a shit, on the way home this morning it was running fine at first then started missing then started cutting out under like 10% throttle, now if I rev it in neutral it sounds like its missing, waiting for it to cool and check the plugs but the front 3 look good

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Found a major contributing issue to why this car stumbled when attenoting to go into boost. Stock gap ftl, regapped the plugs and it's much better. Need to get colder plugs.

Part throttle it runs like a banshee but full throttle it falls on its ass. Really need to replace the wideband sensor and get a gauge to see what the A/F ratio looks like.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im not sure that the pcm can command pressure as high as it goes when you just turn off the power to the switch, supposedly the zzp drag car just has the wire cut off to the pressure control, and the prj red drag car has it hooked to a switch like i do, i imagine if it could be controlled the same through the pcm they would do it that way since they are both very smart with tuning, i however am not lol so i dont know this just seemed easy

there's a pcs current table that would let you turn off current flow based on tq calcs

the relay is grounded to the body in the wheel well area, i hooked up an amp meter to the hot and ground and watched the voltage at the pump and its solid as a rock, i flip floped the pumps to opposite power wires and the shot one is still shot lol

fuck sheetmetal grounds

Found a major contributing issue to why this car stumbled when attenoting to go into boost. Stock gap ftl, regapped the plugs and it's much better. Need to get colder plugs.

Part throttle it runs like a banshee but full throttle it falls on its ass. Really need to replace the wideband sensor and get a gauge to see what the A/F ratio looks like.

hows the tq managment and maf failure rationality table on that heap?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
there's a pcs current table that would let you turn off current flow based on tq calcs

fuck sheetmetal grounds

hows the tq managment and maf failure rationality table on that heap?

You lost me lol. Not sure at all. I can send ya a bin with the tune that's on it later..? I'm assuming it's whatever zzp put on it YEARS ago. I am throwing a MAP code tho. P0107 MAP or BARO Pressure Signal Low.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info