Turbo 3800s are pieces of crap - ps: kj likes dudes

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Lol...

What's all out of your car 1quick

The trunk is down to bare metal, no insulation anywhere including all the foam and crap in the doors under the carpet and all that, no front or rear bumper supports, no rear sway bar, no ac compressor or anything that remotely has to do with ac, abs is gone, have a 17lb battery, no rear speakers actually just the deck was stripped down to nothing and I put the cover back on it, it has the aluminum cradle, tubular lower control arms, no horn,no washer fluid bottle pump or lines, when I rewired the car I took out every wire I didn't need, I switched to the smaller brakes I don't know that I got me much weight loss I didn't weigh either set, it has a very small overflow now that holds hardly any fluid, the car was also a base model with no sun roof or anything to start with, I'm sure there is more that I can't think of right now but that's probably most of

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
dave norris brought up a valid point about the math...you want it to work out that in 3rd its .98-1.0 (always on the low end of the "math error"

he said he noticed the trans pressures commanded lower when the cal ratio was 1.0 or higher.

he could be right...part of this is very likely due to the way the constant "max adapt" diagnostics are run.

gm "acceptable" range for say 3rd is .98-1.02 but for a diagnostic you would need to be able to lower/increase pressure proportional to the ratio, low ratio, run towards high pressures, high ratio....woah we may not need all this pressure, back off it a wee bit...

that sorta diagnostic method could be exactly what they used.

remember NVH was huge on oem cars...its why we have the carbon fiber tcc clutches and pwm tcc control for a "slipping lockup"....just so you never feel a 5th "shift"

its something that would be worth testing just to see if you can corroborate his findings....

another thing...the 440t4 did have complaints of harsh 3rd gear engagement...maybe thats why they went to a smaller apply piston on the 65e.

meh

80e fo lyfe

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Hay James do you know if the round trans plug is pinned the same on the 04+ and the pre 04 I was going to wire up a switch today for the pressure switch, I was talking with that Steve dude with the red drag car and he mentioned they just switch it off at the track, sounds a lot easier than running a Hobbs switch like I was planing to, do you think bumping the line pressure up may solve my slow shift issue, its weird how it only does it when I've got the boost jacked up, last night it was a little cool and it felt real strong it was the first time it's done that on the street where it didn't want to hit 3rd right away

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info