🔧 BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: “Greasy’s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Build”

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So did I, on a 600!

new girl fist bump GIF
Word I’m only 170ish hp and I trapped 136

• Haha
Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I trapped 130
Just for comparison, in my Charger (auto) with 740ish to the wheels, I'd have to search to confirm my whp
On a DR, I went 10.6 @134mph with a 1.7 60', I thought I had my other slips in my phone but I dont.
IIRC, my PB was a 10.4 at 136mph and I cut a slightly better 60' on that run.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Just for comparison, in my Charger (auto) with 740ish to the wheels, I'd have to search to confirm my whp
On a DR, I went 10.6 @134mph with a 1.7 60', I thought I had my other slips in my phone but I dont.
IIRC, my PB was a 10.4 at 136mph and I cut a slightly better 60' on that run.

I can see where people might question the HP numbers based on that info. My 130 run was my first run of the day and I left the line off idle and rolled into the throttle moderately to try and maintain traction. Every run after that I tried leaving harder and it was a mess, granted I wasn’t putting and heat into the tires. I am by no means a track expert, in fact I am a novice. I just need more practice.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I can see where people might question the HP numbers based on that info. My 130 run was my first run of the day and I left the line off idle and rolled into the throttle moderately to try and maintain traction. Every run after that I tried leaving harder and it was a mess, granted I wasn’t putting and heat into the tires. I am by no means a track expert, I just need more practice.
I was there lol.
Definitely takes some seat time especially with a manual. Even if you dont, fuck everyone else. As long as your happy and enjoy your car thats all that matters

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I was there lol.
Definitely takes some seat time especially with a manual. Even if you dont, fuck everyone else. As long as your happy and enjoy your car thats all that matters

I am super happy with the car and enjoy it a ton. I am super competitive with a lot of stuff, just not drag racing. I am sure if I made a dedicated effort to get as good as possible at the track a competitive fire would be lit in me, but the track isn't that enjoyable for me....I am sure that has a lot to do with running piss poor times.

If you gave me a choice on how to spend a full day between a spirited cruise through some winding roads with beautiful scenery, grab lunch, and then head back or sitting at the track; I would pick the spirited cruise every time. It is one of the reasons I love TCG Tour so much!

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006

I trapped 130
I can see where people might question the HP numbers based on that info. My 130 run was my first run of the day and I left the line off idle and rolled into the throttle moderately to try and maintain traction. Every run after that I tried leaving harder and it was a mess, granted I wasn’t putting and heat into the tires. I am by no means a track expert, in fact I am a novice. I just need more practice.
At least you kept your halfshafts intact. I trapped right at 130 with the car chewing through coolant and a week later the rod bearing. The TQs were zero help let alone your R888. You can get away with it at 500-600whp but not at your power level.

Need a real tire dedicated for track work.

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
65D45CC7-B323-4E95-91A5-B1ACC47A2318.jpeg

Had some time a couple of weeks ago to dig into the rear differential leak. I got under the car and there was nothing coming from the pinion or the axles, all of the dripping was coming from the midpoint or tail end of the housing. I removed the differential brace to inspect for cracks (I drove off a nasty curb/drop off on TCG Tour back in August of last year and landed on the brace). Upon removal I could not find a crack anywhere in the housing, but I did notice the leak was coming from the large differential housing bolt hole on the passenger side. The passenger side is where the primary contact was made on that drop off. I sprayed down the diff with brake cleaner and in the process got a drop of brake cleaner in my eye, that felt amazing. I cleaned up the brace from gear oil & grime, cleaned out the bolt hole where all of the gear oil was coming from, and then threw my inspection camera in the hole to see if there was any damage. The camera revealed nothing that I could see, so I made the assumption that the impact broke the seal and/or loosened the carrier bolt a wee bit. What I did notice when I was in there was it looked like the threads carried from one side of the diff cover into the other, so when I put the bottom 5 bolts back into the differential that also hold on the brace I put some aviation thread sealant on there as a little extra insurance. I also added a few extra ft lbs. to the torque specs.

Finally got the car out yesterday and put 75 miles on her, flogging her just a little :ROFLMAO: I threw a white shop rag under the differential upon returning home each time. She was dry all day yesterday and then checked first thing this morning. Looks like we are all good here captain! I wasn't looking forward to dropping almost a grand on a new one.

Thread Info