Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You had to move to Michigan. Not my fault.
1000002964.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What are the thin places that you go out of your way for?
Off the top of my head without putting much thought into it. Dagostinos as thats my all time favorite and imo you need to go to the original by Wrigley. The other locations are okay and we go to them, but not as good. (its a sweet sauce though and I thought you weren't a fan of that). Petes on Western, LaVilla on Pulaski, Vito and Nicks (although its been a while), and Sanos on Lawrence and Elston.

Not an argument I'm going to partake in either. But those are "thin crust" as thats what anyone and everyone I know that grew up in the city calls it. Tavern Style bullshit or whatever people call it is some made up BS probably via social media or some moron food critic. When someone says Tavern Style, I think of bar pizzas that were nothing more than a frozen pizza cooked in a bar top pizza oven in the 80's and 90's. We ate plenty of those as we spent many long nights in bars with my dad and uncles.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Off the top of my head without putting much thought into it. Dagostinos as thats my all time favorite and imo you need to go to the original by Wrigley. The other locations are okay and we go to them, but not as good. (its a sweet sauce though and I thought you weren't a fan of that). Petes on Western, LaVilla on Pulaski, Vito and Nicks (although its been a while), and Sanos on Lawrence and Elston.

Not an argument I'm going to partake in either. But those are "thin crust" as thats what anyone and everyone I know that grew up in the city calls it. Tavern Style bullshit or whatever people call it is some made up BS probably via social media or some moron food critic. When someone says Tavern Style, I think of bar pizzas that were nothing more than a frozen pizza cooked in a bar top pizza oven in the 80's and 90's. We ate plenty of those as we spent many long nights in bars with my dad and uncles.
Of those, I've only had Dags. It's okay, but not my favorite. My wife lived in Wrigleyville for a year and I think we went there twice.

The reason they call it that is because the world has gotten much smaller and pizza styles are spreading to other regions. You can't just call that style Thin Crust outside of the Chicagoland area.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info