Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Ive eaten at all the independently owned local pizza joints around my neighborhood, plain cheese, tavern style, not deep dish i guess. The standard crust. if i was to eat them with my eyes closed, i dont think I could pick a winner. They're all about in the same realm as far as taste goes.

I do prefer jets cajun butter deep dish though if I really want to treat myself.

Also recently ate gino's east deep dish...it wasn't as bad as i remembered deep dish to be. It was actually enjoyable to eat.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
👀

20240113_190018.jpg

20240113_184702.jpg

20240113_190452.jpg

20240113_190414.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ive eaten at all the independently owned local pizza joints around my neighborhood, plain cheese, tavern style, not deep dish i guess. The standard crust. if i was to eat them with my eyes closed, i dont think I could pick a winner. They're all about in the same realm as far as taste goes.

I do prefer jets cajun butter deep dish though if I really want to treat myself.

Also recently ate gino's east deep dish...it wasn't as bad as i remembered deep dish to be. It was actually enjoyable to eat.
What are some of the pizza joints around you?

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
What are some of the pizza joints around you?
oh sorry i forgot to reply to this earlier, most of these are all way up north. They all have good reviews too

candlelite
Martino's Italian cusine and pizza
Mr. V's pizza
Villa Rosa Pizza Kitchen
Dino's Italian Pizza and restaurant
Phil's pizza D'oro
Jimmy's pizza cafe
Dimo's
Michaels' original pizzeria and tavern

Might be missing a few, but these were all eaten recently. Also went out to Cary, IL to try out Uncle Jerry's as seen here. It was good, i enjoyed it, but IDK if its 1hr driving away good. If it was closer I would definitely make more frequent visits to it. I usually do try out spots that Dave suggests if i get bored.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
oh sorry i forgot to reply to this earlier, most of these are all way up north. They all have good reviews too

candlelite
Martino's Italian cusine and pizza
Mr. V's pizza
Villa Rosa Pizza Kitchen
Dino's Italian Pizza and restaurant
Phil's pizza D'oro
Jimmy's pizza cafe
Dimo's
Michaels' original pizzeria and tavern

Might be missing a few, but these were all eaten recently. Also went out to Cary, IL to try out Uncle Jerry's as seen here. It was good, i enjoyed it, but IDK if its 1hr driving away good. If it was closer I would definitely make more frequent visits to it. I usually do try out spots that Dave suggests if i get bored.

Mr V's on Elston and Forest Glenn? How are they, havent had their pie in probably 20yrs. If your going to that area, try Sanos on Lawrence and Elston.
Tell Frank you know me and he will look out for you

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Mr V's on Elston and Forest Glenn? How are they, havent had their pie in probably 20yrs. If your going to that area, try Sanos on Lawrence and Elston.
Tell Frank you know me and he will look out for you
yep, thats the one. I liked it, but like I said, from the places I listed, if I were to eat them all with my eyes closed, I wouldn't be able to differentiate them specifically. They are all good and mostly in the same realm as far as taste and flavor profile are concerned.

Pro Stock John Pro Stock John Candlelite's tavern style is great. Thin and crispy and flavorful, but man the amt of pizza you get for the $, it just gets eaten up so fast.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
yep, thats the one. I liked it, but like I said, from the places I listed, if I were to eat them all with my eyes closed, I wouldn't be able to differentiate them specifically. They are all good and mostly in the same realm as far as taste and flavor profile are concerned.

Pro Stock John Pro Stock John Candlelite's tavern style is great. Thin and crispy and flavorful, but man the amt of pizza you get for the $, it just gets eaten up so fast.
Dang I need to try it sometime. Ever had Maries, I have not.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Also went out to Cary, IL to try out Uncle Jerry's as seen here. It was good, i enjoyed it, but IDK if its 1hr driving away good. If it was closer I would definitely make more frequent visits to it. I usually do try out spots that Dave suggests if i get bored.

It was OK, I agree nothing special. Sauce is a bit bland. I'd prefer Lou's but I would eat it again. I put it on the same level as Georgio's.

Reactions: NOMIEZVR4

Thread Info