TCG Tour 2015 in the books

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I mean.. Its no Highway 1 in California

I think we missed our opportunity for casual scenic cruising and twisty roads up in the UP, and I take the blame for that. Was really worried about time on the road that day. Balancing between being on the road and arriving at the hotel for dinner and parking lot shenanigans will need some fine tuning for future events.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] and [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] and [MENTION=653]BrianG[/MENTION] could tow all the cars out there deeeeezul powa

Would need equal number of 5th wheel trailers to get that task done. At the same time, would could do a diesel torture test article! Having just done that route... the mountains are no joke! The elevation and resulting inclines/declines would be tough on anything pulling multi-car trailers through there to get to/from CA!

PS - I call Alex as my mechanic! :rofl:

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
honestly, you need to charge a nominal entry fee to participate.

it would do two things, you'd get a more accurate head count (people that pay, make the commitment with their $$ and not just lip service) and allow a slush fund for stickers, hand outs, photogs, etc.

Yep. That's what the Marauder forum does for their annual Marauderville event held in a different city for the past 13 years. A registration fee along with raffles of donated items goes to offset the cost of handouts, museum fees, track fees or what events maybe planned. They also secure a block of rooms with a discounted room rate too. So that always helps out members too.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
honestly, you need to charge a nominal entry fee to participate.

it would do two things, you'd get a more accurate head count (people that pay, make the commitment with their $$ and not just lip service) and allow a slush fund for stickers, hand outs, photogs, etc.

:h5: Completely agreed! :jg:

Yep. That's what the Marauder forum does for their annual Marauderville event held in a different city for the past 13 years. A registration fee along with raffles of donated items goes to offset the cost of handouts, museum fees, track fees or what events maybe planned. They also secure a block of rooms with a discounted room rate too. So that always helps out members too.

A designated block of hotel rooms would be epic... Holy party time!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
It is amazing what happens when the MAF is plugged in......
fc4004ce436b991d5c5cfa4f8f874ae0.jpg

Thread Info